Cheat days?

Options
Do you ever have cheat days where you eat what you want?

Replies

• R_Calvillo
    R_Calvillo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I do.
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • Dewdrop75
    Dewdrop75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't really call them cheat days, because I want to make this a lifestyle change and I know that it is not realistic to deprive myself of some of the things I love. I record those things even if they go over my daily limit, then I just try to make sure I eat better the rest of the week.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Yep...once a week on Friday (my weigh in day). I figure I have 6 days to work hard after that :)
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I try not to have a whole day as that can add up to a lot and then I feel like I am just on damage control the rest of the week but I do have a 'cheat' meal once every week or 2. But I track it, I always track regardless.
  • g1lmour
    g1lmour Posts: 19
    Options
    Yeah, they are usually when I attend social events (going to the cinema, attending weddings etc), go to nights out (alcohol, lots and lots of it), or generally when I badly crave a certain type of food (like chippy dinner)

IMO it doesn't affect my weight loss considerably, or much less than I thought it would ...

I went to Glastonbury Festival in June, ate and drank whatever I felt like for 4 days solid, still logged everything like beer/cider, fast food items and generally no health foods whatsoever, and for the next couple of weeks I was still losing, granted the week I came back, the loss was smaller, but still a loss considering I was consuming around 7000 calories a day for 4 days
  • nat96fit
    nat96fit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I definitely do. It helps keep me sane because if I stick to my strict eating habits, I will be bound to binge every once in a while. So, to avoid that, I give my self one cheat MEAL, not a whole MONTH or WEEKS or DAYS of cheats. After all, one bad meal won't make you fat just like one clean meal will get you skinny and ripped
  • Cisco12791
    Options
    No, but I do have refeeds when dieting down.
  • torjunk12
    Options
    Definitely have had cheat days, but I try to make them work within my goals for the day/week. There are some really good protein bars (Quest bars are ftw) that have seemed to really help me fend off a lot of those sugar craving days that used to get me into trouble.
  • urbliss777
    Options
    I don't like calling them cheat days. But there are days where yes, I will have a piece of cake (depending how bad it is, I still try to choose the healthier lower sugar/fat options). And there are days I will have crackers or some chips, or a hotdog. Live as clean as you can, but don't be down on yourself for wanting unhealthy food once or twice. Just do not over do it. A lot of ppl I know, even myself in the past, would have a "cheat day" and gorge on bad food. That is a bad thing to do! Living 80/20 or 90/10 is a good lifestyle choice, I would say! :)
  • urbliss777
    Options
    Definitely have had cheat days, but I try to make them work within my goals for the day/week. There are some really good protein bars (Quest bars are ftw) that have seemed to really help me fend off a lot of those sugar craving days that used to get me into trouble.

YES!! Cheesecake QUEST Bars are amazing!! I am eating them on my bodybuilding plan! :) SO yummy!!!
  • mariahk35
    Options
    I try not to have a whole day, but a meal or a snack that is not in my diet plan does happen. I just try to make sure it isn't a habit either. But if I am really y craving something I do allow myself to have it. I just make sure to have portion control, and maybe extra exercise tomorrow;-)
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Not really.

I might plan an event, lunch out or something, but it's not a cheat, it's part of life, and I can't cheat on life.

If I want a treat, I work it into my day or week, depending what my goals are.

Plan it, log it, move on. All good.
  • sdonovan4
    sdonovan4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat meal once a week
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Nope. That's what got me here.
    If it doesn't fit into the daily meal goal, I'm not going to eat it.
    If I decide to eat it, I'm going to do my best to work it off.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want every day.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want every day, just in moderation so I stay within my allotted calories. I go over some days but am under by a couple hundred some days also so it all evens out. This is a lifestyle change for me, not something I have to cheat on.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You mean days that I don't log? No, I'm not trying to lose... Do I have days where I go over? Yes, quite often...
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Nope. Never had one. 545 days today & still not one. No days off either. I eat what I want when I want anyway cause I work hard to get it.