Favorite Thing About Lost Weight?

Options
I am so thrilled that I can now enjoy the Back To School sales at local stores, instead of paying higher prices online or at Big and Tall stores. I used to wear a 50 inch waist and had to wear at least a 3XL shirt back in January 2010, when I weighed 363 lbs. This past January, weighing 322, I was wearing 46 inch waist, but a 48 was more comfortable, and a big 2XL in most shirts, but to be safe would buy or ask for 3XL's. I now weigh 259 lbs. Last week I asked for new coaching shirts because I was "swimming" in my 3XL T-shirts, so they gave me some 2XL's. Already a week later, I feel that those are too big, so I tried one of my wife's XL shirts which are too big for her because of her 40 lbs. weight loss. Guess what, they fit!!! But my biggest success is that I was able to go into Old Navy and buy four pairs of pants with a 40 inch waist, finally enjoying the Back2School deals and no sales tax weekend in NC...unfortunately last weekend like this in NC. I used to get thrilled just to hear someone say they noticed I had lost weight, but it is so much more fun and exciting wearing smaller clothes.

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have been very successful in your weight loss so far! Bravo! Congratulations on being able to enjoy the local back to school sales. I agree that compliments are nice, but saving money is pretty cool! Good luck with your continued weight loss!
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

My favorite part is that my bra size is now a 38C from a 42C, meaning I can go to regular bra stores instead of running around looking for "full-figure".

(Affording bras at stores like Victoria's Secret is a different story)
  • kfdowley
    kfdowley Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    oh one day! i can't wait for this!! :-) Well done!
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    Options
    Firstly, congrats! Secondly, I love how I feel. I've been active (re-active) with MFP for two weeks now and have dropped 6 pounds (I only record once a week and I'm hoping these two pounds stay off through weeks end). That small amount has already made a big difference for me. I can feel it when I walk, run up steps, you name it.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I wanted to get small enough to fit into designer clothes, and though I still have a ways to go to my goal weight, I have done that. Wearing a size M Marc Jacobs top today!
  • alehundrah
    alehundrah Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I can't wait to start shopping for smaller clothes. Right now I have lost around 10 lbs but already liking the results. I like the fact that my jeans are starting to feel loose bc it means I'm losing weight. Can't wait to drop a size
  • jeets888
    jeets888 Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and long may it continue.

Personally - so many things:

1.Started running - first 10km in a time of 1hr20mins - this Sunday aiming for a pb of 45 mins
    2. Am able to train for like 2.5 - 3hrs and have gotten quite fit from my start of King couch potatoe
    3. Went from a size 38 to size 32 ... shortly will be a 30
    4. The realisation that a 6 pack is not impossible now (goal is next year .. 2 visible)
    5. i can see my ribs lol
    6. The many compliments one receives
    7. My sugar levels went from high to normal as well as my pressure
    8. Dont get sick as often as i used to
    9.Just feel amazing
    10. Oh - i recently bought something that had a 'skinny fit' label ... couldnt belive it myself lol.
  • kaydeedoubleu1
    kaydeedoubleu1 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    The respect I have now for myself transcends onto friends and colleagues respecting me= better work environment
    Being checked out by actual attractive people, and not thinking they are looking at someone else
    Not having to buy plus size
    Improved posture due to improved self esteem
    Feeling strong and healthy
    Feeling more motivated to challenge myself in other aspects of my life
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    Fitting into single digit cloths
  • wilburdonovan91
    wilburdonovan91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The ENERGY!! It is amazing. Feel like Im bouncing off the walls at times.
  • WillowWindow
    WillowWindow Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Breaking the "curse" of feeling like I had no choice about my health and weight and feeling about 20 years older than I do now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!