My Journey & NSV

Options
rijhip
rijhip Posts: 10 Member
I was waiting to get my car fixed in Feb '13 and picked up a magazine with Jillian Michaels on the cover. Being a huge fan of Biggest Loser, I read the story. She said it's simple; burn more calories than you take in. She also said there are apps to help track. I found MFP and got started. While I've done several diets before, this is the only one that I feel that fits my lifestyle. I eat basically the same food, just less of it.

I'm 52 years old, 6'5", sw 241, cw 208, 33 lost. Today is my 30th anniversary and I weigh the same as I did when I got married. I can wear the same cloths as my 27 year old son that is ripped (talk about NSV). I have reached my goal weight and I'm trying to find a good calorie maintenance number to land on.

The reason for the post is to help others. Reading everyone's success stories have motivated me. MFP is a fantastic program that really works.

Some things that worked for me.
1) Do something physical every day. Yes, you may have to plan and wake up earlier.
2) Eat back your calories burned. If I want to eat a lot, you must work out longer.
3) Ride a bike. It's good for your mind and body. You will be amazed at how fast you improve (don't let your mind limit your progress). Once you start riding, you will find there are tons of people that will ride with you. It's a great way to meet new friends.
4) Lift weights. I take small amounts of creatine and I'm stronger that I was when I played college football.
5) Be honest with yourself.
6) Exercise outside.
7) Start out by eating the same foods. Modify your choices as you see fit. Find something that you can live with in the long term.
8) involve your significant other or friends. It always helps to have company.

Lastly, just be happy with yourself. Chances are that you will never look like the model on TV. You will still have problems and
challenged just like when you were heavy. In fact, this year has been one of the most challenging years of my life. I feel that by working out and eating a balanced diet, it has helped me deal with everyday life. Take some time for YOU!

Thanks to everyone for their stories and pictures. You have been a great help.

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your successful weight loss. Good luck with your maintenance and keep raiding your son's closet!
  • LillyWillow
    Options
    Great job! Thank you for your helpful tips and wisdom. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!