A bad start

Options
My first week I lost 3lbs and was so happy. I've just weighed for my second weigh and I've put on 1lb. Anyone got any advice as to what I need to do to shed the weight this week?

Replies

• BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    When you have a big loss one week you can rebound the next week. My tips are log everything as accurately as you can. Exercise regularly not seriously. And eat back your exercise.
    Good luck.
  • SandraDawn65
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Oh yes cute dog!:wink:
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Sandra, make certain you're drinking plenty of water. It is part of the weight loss process.
  • oppii
    oppii Posts: 19
    Options
    Haha! 1 pound is like the weight of a good crap! Don't be worried about that! Weight fluctuations like that are fine and normal, could just be water weight, I would keep the exercise up and wait a few weeks, you'll see the difference.
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Haha! 1 pound is like the weight of a good crap! Don't be worried about that! Weight fluctuations like that are fine and normal, could just be water weight, I would keep the exercise up and wait a few weeks, you'll see the difference.

^^^^^
    This! 1lb is a blip, keep going; log accurately, drink water and get into an exercise routine. You can do it :flowerforyou:
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it! meticulously log your calories and your exercise, weigh food, and believe you'll do it!

Do you weigh yourself the same time of day? I weigh myself first thing in the morning after a trip to the loo to try to compare like with like as much as possible,

You'll get fluctuations and you'll hit plateaux sometimes - we all do - just stick with it! And every lb that comes off motivates you to the next one, but it won't happen overnight, so be patient.

:smile:
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    You need to track accurately by weighing your food and should weigh yourself a few times a week and make adjustments. Get in as much exercise as you can.
  • hannakengu
    hannakengu Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Besides what everyone else said, which are excellent points, bust out the tape measure. I'm taking a wild guess here: deep down, you are more interested in being skinny/pretty/thin/fit to smaller clothes/having a healthier waistline/whatever your thing is, than the number the scale shows. It's exactly that: a number. Take your measurements (bust, hips, waist, thighs, and arms if you carry weight there) now, and then again in a month or two to see the progress. Like others said, 1lb isn't much - it could be constipation, period bloating, water retention (my friend recently "gained" 6lbs during a weekend of pizza, beer and chips). The only thing that 1lb does is make you feel bad when it shows up on a weigh-in day.