Newly Pregnant

Options
Hi!! So, I am not new to the website. I have been here for a couple of years, but I got pregnant a couple of months ago and have been off the wagon. I will be 18 weeks on Thursday with a baby girl! :) I am trying to get back on the wagon and eat healthy and exercise!! I was about 10 pounds overweight when I got pregnant and since being pregnant gained about 10 more. I was just wondering if there are any other pregnant ladies on here that are still tracking? I would love to see how many calories you are eating now, what you are eating, and what kinds of exercises you are doing? Lets compare notes...and if anyone has any advice for me about eating, what to eat, and what types of exercises I would love to hear them!

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will be 18 weeks on Wednesday. I don't know about eating healthy but I'm still tracking and trying to stay within macros. I'm 5ft6 184lbs (up 6lb since conceiving) and aiming for 2192 calories per day. I don't generally exercise (but I wasn't before I was pregnant so no big change there!) It's not really been any different than before I got pregnant other than the extra calories :smile:
  • wormstrup14
    Options
    I am 30 weeks along. I eat 1900 calories per day plus exercise calories. you're welcome to friend me and look at my diary but I have not been the best about logging. I normally log breakfast and lunch and just kind of estimate what I have left for dinner. I'm still exercising 4 times a week, running, cycling, and doing the elliptical at a mild to moderate level.
  • SweetIDRider
    SweetIDRider Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    not preggo anymore but with my last one who is 13 months now I gained 15 lbs during the pregnancy but the day after i had her i was 10 lbs less then when I conceived her :) i just focused on eating healthy and didn't count calories at all. i did walk a lot! right up to the day i had her!
  • Nenny1985
    Nenny1985 Posts: 122
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm not pregnant now but have a 7 month old daughter. when i first got pregnant i kinda ate everything in sight (never want to see another mcdonalds sausage mcmuffin again.) So then i just started trying to eat well most of the time but if i really craved something i had it. I also made sure i did some sort of exercise every day pretty up until I gave birth. lots of walking, very light weights (squats with dumbells, biceps/tricep exercises with dumbells and side stretches/ pulses with dumbells, step ups with dumbells.) Putting some music on and having a boogie is good too.Also I found I lost my baby weight really quickly and I reckon the exercise while i was pregnant played a big part in that.

Good luck with everything!
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! As of a couple of weeks ago, I just started going back to the gym. Going to spin 3 times a week, then doing some at home body weight and light weight execises. Hopefully that will be enough. I am so used to working out super hard that cutting back is hard for me haha.