8 months on the 5:2 diet - progress

Options
beelox
beelox Posts: 7 Member
All - I have been doing the 5:2 diet - well of a kind - i have actually been doing the alternate day fasting version of it - I have lost almost 86lbs or 39kg for us Europeans...I have lost 15 inches from my waist and 18 inches from my chest...

but the even better bit is the reduction in meds for my diabetes - I have gone from taking Citagliptin, Glyclazide, 3 x 850 metformin and victoza injection to now being just on 2 x 850 metformin - I have also had removed two blood pressure tablets out of the 4 different ones i used to take

To those who are trying this diet please persevere - it does work - along with regular exercise..

264s1ed.jpg

Replies

• Dazellyn
    Dazellyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congrats, what a difference!
  • tavinsmom
    tavinsmom Posts: 101
    Options
    What a difference, you look great!

I tried this and just couldn't do it, I don't have the willpower. Glad to see it's working for you though, we each have to find that right fit.
  • libelluler
    libelluler Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress and I love the shirt in the after pic. :)
  • viragoeap
    viragoeap Posts: 107
    Options
    Well done you! You look good on it too! Congrats on the reduction of meds,
  • SueTimmerman
    Options
    You look fabulous ! and even better about your health!! So, what is a 5:2 diet? lol
  • mdivamuffin
    mdivamuffin Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Well done! And so brilliant for your health too!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous ! and even better about your health!! So, what is a 5:2 diet? lol

The 5:2 'diet' isn't as much of a diet but just a different pattern of eating. It's a form of intermittent fasting where you eat normally on 5 days of the week, and fast on eating only 500 calories on 2 days.

The OP has obviously done a moderated version of this, by fasting every other day.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! Congratulations on your accomplishment so far :drinker:
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    great job,,,however on this site you will get a lot of flack with people saying your in starvation mode. I think its a great plan and have been considering starting it also! Great job
  • fyoufat
    fyoufat Posts: 85
    Options
    You look great, this seemed to definitely work for you!
  • Kimberrh6
    Kimberrh6 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Congrats on getting off many of your meds! You look great btw!
  • nikamar
    nikamar Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You look 10 years younger, and sporting an awesome shirt in the 'after' pic. :drinker:

Calorie zig-zag works awesome for me too, and so does viewing my intake as a weekly value instead of daily.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic - congratulations!
  • Betty925
    Betty925 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting. I might try it.
  • beelox
    beelox Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone - if i can inspire anyone its been worth it...
  • cheyenneb
    cheyenneb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    this is so great! i love the 5:2 philosophy. i need to see the rest of your shirt though. is that beyonce?
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    That is amazing progress! Congrats on your accomplishment!

I tried the 5:2 and struggled. I would end up binging at the end of the day and had no energy left for a workout the next morning. I switched to 16:8 for a while and that seems to work pretty well. I'm glad the 5:2 worked so well for you. Keep up the great work!
  • ELVISDEAN
    Options
    looking great my friend from fat **** to fit and fab!
  • ELVISDEAN
    Options
    :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!