plateau???

Options
i'm thinking I must be in a plateau, and i'm so close to my goal which is way this is so frustrating :explode: anyways, it's been about 3 weeks and i'm pretty much not losing anything i'm about 8lbs off of my goal weight..arrgh!!! ...i've been eating just about the right calories and walking 2 miles just about everyday sometimes i throw in a run here or there, but still nothing changes, if anyone can give me advice on how to move over this hill because i'm driving the hubby CRAZY :laugh:

Replies

• ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    hi! Im in the same boat as you, i was 143 for 3 weeks, then i went down to 140-142 for the last 3 weeks now, my measurements arent changing at all and im still exercising a lot and eating within my limits. Its my last 10...i hear that your last 10 are the hardest to lose...

im guessing its a plateau that you just have to push past...thats what im trying to do!

Good luck to you and i hope someone out there can give you a good answer :)
  • AkBUTLER
    Options
    Im also in a plateau right now. Its very frustrating. I am changing up my excercise routine. Mondays and Wednesdays I go to fitness connection, my first day was today!! Tuesdays and Thursdays I do my jillian workout video. Im pretty picky so I'm not sure if Ill change how I eat but hopefully the lbs will start to drop again. From my understanding there needs to be a change with calorie intake (what you eat) when you hit a plateau. Im not an expert though. Just try to change it up a little and see if that works :smile:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    "You often find that the nearer you get to your goal weight (or body fat percentage) - the harder things get! This is why most of us reach a weight loss plateau. At this point, the only option is to boost metabolism; increased cardio, weight training, 'cheat' meals (i.e. ocassional high-calorie meals), cycling (or zig-zagging) calories, and even manipulating macro-nutrient ratios can all help to do this (don't forget adequate sleep and hydration)".

Basically, change what your'e doing. And up the anti!

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • itstartswithken
    Options
    Try changing up your routine. 3 weeks is just about the time it takes for the body to become efficient in a routine, and in your case, that's your walking. Try either bumping it to 2.5 miles or power walk those 2 miles for the 4th week. Anything really to break out of that routine to throw your body off the plateau phase.
  • erinsolesky
    erinsolesky Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    BOOST your BURN! Hit the treadmill and try to run a mile under your fastest time. Push your heartrate to 85% max. You are in the final stages of losing your weight, it will be harder now. You have to push yourself!!