8 months on the 5:2 diet - progress

Options

Replies

• Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You have done amazing! Looking good and you are so much healthier now...good for you!!
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and as already mentioned at least 10 years younger! well done and thanks for posting. I'm doing the 5:2 version and I did day one yesterday and wasn't that bad for me to be honest. Looking forward to embracing day 2 on Thursday.
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Amazing, very well done :smile:
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! Congratulations on giving yourself better health! and good luck for the future!
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    So happy for you and to be free of some of those meds is such a good thing..I know you will be happy to be rid of them all but congratulations and thank you for posting!!
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I also practice a 5:2 meal plan.
    In 74 days I have lost 13.6 pounds and 43.5 inches off of my frame.
    This is one of the best things I have done for myself. :)

Congratulations to you and thank you for sharing your success with us! Keep up the great work!
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    You look great! Sounds like a good way to clean out your system.
  • shmatichka
    Options
    You are a star! Mind boggling results :)
  • DancingPixie
    DancingPixie Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I just started a 'modified' 5:2 yesterday, and received my first MFP negative comment. Apparently if I don't straight up say it's a fast day, I must be "eating like an anorexic". Made me sad:( . I would never make rude comments to people. Internet, or otherwise. You look Fantastic, and I am so happy to hear about getting off some meds! That is Awesomesauce! :flowerforyou:
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look great!
  • lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Don't you just love 5:2? !!
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a try. You look great!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I just started a 'modified' 5:2 yesterday, and received my first MFP negative comment. Apparently if I don't straight up say it's a fast day, I must be "eating like an anorexic". Made me sad:( . I would never make rude comments to people. Internet, or otherwise. You look Fantastic, and I am so happy to hear about getting off some meds! That is Awesomesauce! :flowerforyou:

Sorry you had that.

I make it very clear, almost like a disclaimer, when someone friends me that I do 5:2 so I don't get a load of ill-informed grief for doing IF from someone who barely knows me.

There is a very supportive 5:2 group on here by the way.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8005-5-2-fasting
  • kiwidrop
    kiwidrop Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! :bigsmile: You have done so great!!!! I love 5:2 been doing it since March.
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Wow. Congratulations!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I don't care what anyone says bad there is only one thing I can say and he looks GREAT.....man you rock! I don't know you and I have no reason to even comment I don't know about the diet but from your before picture I CAN tell you weren't headed in a positive direction..keep doing what you ARE doing and stay strong!...what an amazing progress pic!
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    hi...well done!! You look amazing and fantastic results for your health :-) Also doing 5:2 and loving it....working very well for me. Now my hubby is doing it and already a reduction in hid blood pressure meds :-)
  • kateechica
    Options
    Congratulations - you look absolutely AMAZINGq!!!!!!!! and of course the totally fab news about being able to reduce your meds.
    your post has given me the motivation to continue with the 5:2, i started it, fell off the wagon ( i have 2 children, teenager and toddler boys and most of the day is spent feeding them :) and i just haven't been able to make the full day and then fell foul of the 'oh well, i'd better ignore today and start tomorrow'.
    so, again a huge congratulations to you and THANKYOU for posting :)
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I guess you're doing the 4:3 plan, then...and every other week it's the 3:4.

How many calories do you typically eat on your feed days? Do you eat at maintenance, or pretty much whatever you want?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!