30 Day Shred Started 8/4/13

Options
Hello,

I've just started the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels today. Did anyone else start this program today? I turn 45 in 30 days and have challenged myself to stick to this program for 30 days and see what results I can get. Along with that, I will be eating clean, counting calories and measuring every 10 days. I have decided not to weigh myself until the 30th day as this is just a number that fluctuates too much for women and is not nearly as telling as inches lost. That being said, I am 5' 3.5", I weigh 146.5 lbs and would like to lose inches in my mid-section mostly.

Although I love watching Biggest Loser, working out with Jillian is new to me. I've dabbled with many Beachbody programs like P90X, Turbo Jam, etc., but find I have a hard time sticking to it because most of the workouts are at least 45 minutes. It's not an excuse, it's my reality. I'm hoping this shorter, but intense program will allow me to achieve decent results.

I'm very excited to have started this journey and am looking forward to hearing from others!

- Clare

Replies

• JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Mine should arrive tomorrow, plan to start tomorrow night.
  • cjcrstjohn
    cjcrstjohn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great! Would you like to take this challenge together?
  • meem548
    meem548 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just ordered it from Amazon - due to reach me between the 10th and 13th August! :)
  • shazlalexander
    shazlalexander Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 today too. Don't think I'm gonna be able to walk tomorrow lol!
  • cjcrstjohn
    Options
    Nice! You will be close behind :happy:

I did day 2 tonight. While I worked up a good sweat, I had to improvise on the side lunges. When they tell you not to let your knee go past your ankle, they aren't kidding. It was stupid, I know better! Gotta remember to stick that bootie out - man is my knee not liking me today. I think I just irritated the muscle. Hoping it feels better tomorrow. I've never had knee problems, don't want to start now! Plus I don't want this to mess up my 30 day goal.

Super pumped right now!
  • cjcrstjohn
    Options
    I did day 1 today too. Don't think I'm gonna be able to walk tomorrow lol!

Yeah, I hear ya! I feel like a duck walking today, haha
  • fionavanderweele
    Options
    I did day 1 on Saturday August 2. I've been running for just over three months but I'm going on vacation in September and I'm hoping that adding the 30 Day Shred will give me a little extra to try to get closer to where I want to be for my vacation.
  • lestercorncrake
    Options
    I started on Saturday 2 August. Towards the end I hope to be able to do some real push-ups. Finally.