My WII...is a SOB!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I love my wii fit, It is a fun way to get in some movement. Better then watching tv or playing ps2
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    LOVE My Wii. I don't do the Fit, I just use that to weigh but I am doing EA Sports Active more workouts and loving it. I am just 3 days away from my 6 week challenge. They also have a new EA Sports out in November that has a HRM, wireless motion controls and you an upload your stuff online. I am super excited about that. Could NOT live without my Wii.
  • bumbalina
    bumbalina Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Zumba is coming out on xbox 360 kinect in November. We just traded our Wii in for the new xbox as no one in our house was using it. The guy instore told me never trust the weight measure on the fit board as it reads different on all surfaces and slight movement throws it out too.
    Can't wait to try the zumba on the xbox!! :happy:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Love my Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus. Definitely prefer plus. I have two dogs and 2 cats - only one of my dogs can get weighed right now though - getting close to being able to do that though 10 more pounds lost for me and we should be good. He's about 65 pounds.

I agree that for beginners that it does a good job of getting you active, but if you're involved in other things, it's not the best workout. I save it for when my back is hurting and getting outside is not an option, but I get frustrated at gaining 6 calories at a time....

I'm SOOOO into getting that new EA sports though. It's on my Christmas list now!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    The guy instore told me never trust the weight measure on the fit board as it reads different on all surfaces and slight movement throws it out too.

What he didn't tell you is that ALL scales measure differently on different surfaces. I have a high tech one that I don't use anymore because it was way more sensitive to changes. My Wii board gets brought out every morning and put in the same spot on the floor. It's like wearing different clothes to weigh yourself. If you keep all the variables the same - or as close to it as you can - the differences in weight will be true and not skewed in any way. That's one of the reason the scales at the doctor's offices and gyms are so accurate - they never move.
  • cjusticeg
    cjusticeg Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself in the same place on my board,lol
  • moonport
    moonport Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The Wii isn't the most amazing workout, but I like it. I use it on Sundays to get in a little activity because I don't want to go to the gym, but I don't want to sit on the couch all day. It's too cold and snowy to do anything outside, so it's a great solution.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!