What is your afternoon snack?

Options
I'm interested to hear what others have as an afternoon snack. Recently, I've been having to stay late at work and I don't get home until about 7:30, which at that point I am starving and sometimes make poor choices. Since my work schedule changed, I realized that I need to pack one more protein filled snack that I don't already have in my lunch. I always have cottage cheese and nuts...any other suggestions for filling healthy snacks???

Replies

• reach4thestar
    reach4thestar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Low fat yogurt pots...in different flavours :happy:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars are the most filling snack I've found, honestly (the other protein bars don't even fill me up half as much in comparison). Greek yogurt, fruit, cheese...
  • BEEUK
    BEEUK Posts: 113
    Options
    My faves are Organic no added sugar peanut Butter on Oatcakes or Cottage Cheese with veggies.
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hummus with veggies (and usually some veggie chips or pretzels or crackers or something).
    Hard boiled egg, fruit, cheese, crackers.
    Apple or Banana & peanut butter
    half a whole wheat sandwich of some sort with a fruit
  • sayhitostephz
    sayhitostephz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Chobani in various flavors
  • allison0102
    allison0102 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I work late a lot and have found that packing good snacks is almost more important than the lunch. When I am most likely to get off track with eating is after a long day at work with no snacks available. So, I usually have several of these in my lunch box:

- Hummus with bell peppers or carrots
    - cheese stick
    - grapes, plum, banana
    - cottage cheese (sometimes splurge and put a little sugar free fruit jam or syrup on it; it's quite the treat)
    - nut protein bars
    - Atkins or similar ready to drink protein shakes (range from 110 to 160 calories and 20g protein)
    - turkey roll-ups. Basically put a little low fat cream cheese in turkey breast and roll it up. It's great to grab while working. Also, they are delicious dipped in a little salsa!
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Here's what I eat for my afternoon snacks depending on what's in my fridge (which depends on what was on sale at the store!):
    1. raw pepper strips, carrots, or raw broccoli with salsa, homemade dressing, or guacamole
    2. plain greek yogurt with berries
    3. Cashews
    4. Dried diced prunes
    5. Homemade jerky (easier than you think! Look up some recipes and use whatever meat is on sale at the store)
    6. Apple or celery and nut butter
    7. Strawberries (I always buy these on sale and freeze at least one of the containers so that I don’t waste food by letting it spoil)
    8. Canned tuna and avocado
    9. Homemade protein shake with almond milk, frozen fruit, baking cocoa, and protein powder
    10. Single serve frozen veggies
    11. paleoKrunch
    12. pepperoni/turkey pepperoni slices
    13. pork skins
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Today it's hummus & carrot sticks. My morning snack was a hard boiled egg.
  • c_tap77
    c_tap77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like apples with a wedge of laughing cow cheese or a few whole strawberries with a tablespoon of nutella.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Quaker Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bar 100 calories
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I don't usually have a snack, but when I do, I have a few olives and some sort of deli meat--usually prosciutto or something of that nature.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My husband often has an apple and either a cheese stick or some almonds on his way home from work.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt or fruit and cheese.
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    dry-roasted edamame with 15g of chocolate chips. 200 calories, very filling, easy to pack and take along, no refrigeration required, and 16 grams of protein.
  • chefwrx
    chefwrx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    On rest days (low carb) Polly-O fat free cottage cheese with two scoops of truetein cinnabun. On workout days, I enjoy licorice and lots of oats with brown sugar.
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Today I have a hard boiled egg and about 3/4 cup quinoa salad.
  • taylorckt1
    taylorckt1 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars, skinny cow dreamy clusters or chocolate wafers, a green smoothie, or Fit & Active snack (they have lots)
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    After lunch and before I go home (between 2-6) I usually consume:

8 four inch celery sticks w/ 3 TBSPs original hummus
    AND
    2 Cups of Fruit salad that I make at home and bring with me. (Usually kiwi, blueberry, grapes, pineapple, watermelon and or cantaloupe and mandarin oranges)
  • Avarindria
    Avarindria Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots with lite ranch, a rice cake w/ natural peanut butter, or watermelon! :)
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I love fruit yogurts, fiber one bars and apple with peanut butter. I recently discovered some xochitl tortilla chips and sabra red roasted pepper hummus, and I really love it.

eta: I don't eat all that at once, lol. I eat one of those choices for snack. :drinker: