Time to bite the bullet and lose the weight

Options
Hey everyone, this is Phil from Phoenix
I'm about 290+ pounds, at one point I was 299. I have lost a little bit so far but I don't have a scale so I don't really know... At any rate, the pounds themselves are not important. I know I need to make permanent lifestyle changes and so far I've done that for a little while. I'm counting calories, trying to stay lowfat and I'm exercising every day. Brisk walking, Tai Chi and calisthenics for 40 minutes each day. Today is day 12.

This site looks like a lifesaver...
Now if only I can stay on the horse!

Replies

• philberkman
    Options
    Hey everyone, this is Phil from Phoenix
    I'm about 290+ pounds, at one point I was 299. I have lost a little bit so far but I don't have a scale so I don't really know... At any rate, the pounds themselves are not important. I know I need to make permanent lifestyle changes and so far I've done that for a little while. I'm counting calories, trying to stay lowfat and I'm exercising every day. Brisk walking, Tai Chi and calisthenics for 40 minutes each day. Today is day 12.

This site looks like a lifesaver...
    Now if only I can stay on the horse!
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome Phil!

This site is terrific. You will receive loads of support and good advice.
    Good luck to you :flowerforyou:

~Kell
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    Options
    Whats great about using this site is that you don't feel soooo deprived. As long as your making healthy choices and really paying attention to what goes into your mouth, you'll continue to lose weight. I started this at almost 250 lbs and I'm already down to 228 in only a month or so. You can do it! Don't give up on yourself!
  • Kimlane70
    Kimlane70 Posts: 117
    Options
    welcome to MFP. The calorie tracker is great. Good luck

KIM
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

this site is awesome