To T25 or to not T25?

Options
Just wondering if anyone has tried the new T25 program and if they had any success? I completed 90% of the Insanity Program (Holidays interrupted it) and got great results, but just can't seem to get motivated enough to do a 57 minute workout these days.....so I figured I'd try the new one (plus I get bored of the same workout).

Sooooo anyone lovin it???? And if so camn you only get it online???

Replies

• hgaspard83
    hgaspard83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am currently on week 4 , i love it so far, not a lot of weight lost , but I am losing inches and my clothes fit better, and its only 25 min, sometimes i will do 2 workouts , good luck
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and loved the first workout!! I look forward to seeing how the whole program goes, but you can DEFINITELY get a good workout in 25 minutes, no joke!!
  • SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Just started today, will let you know in 14 weeks if it works ;)

I have to say Insanity didn't do much for me. There was a heat wave and that was the end of my training - a week and a half before ending the programme. Little change, both weight and measuments, but a lot more muscle, especially upper body where I was weaker.

I am finding T25 much nicer: first of all, it finishes where the real Insanity workout used to start :) Secondly, the movements are slightly different and it feels more fun and friendly. And anyone can do 25mn (+3mn cool down) workouts a day. I say go for it :)
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Insanity for years and I started T25 this week with Shawn T's large challenge group...love it...love it like I love Pure Cardio because it's start to finish without a break...It's a great program.
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Just started week 2 of T25 and am loving it. It really is just 25 minutes a day. I use a heart rate monitor to make sure I'm at the right heart rate (can't seem to tell just by how I feel) and I still get a good, hard workout, even though it's so much shorter.
    I say, if you liked Insanity, give it a go!
  • Rambo529
    Rambo529 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 and like it. I use it as my cardio and keep up with my strength training as well. I've seen results, mostly in inches lost, but the scale has moved some as well. They keep it interesting and it's a really good burn.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 and I love it so far. I did Insanity and was debating another round ... didn't like the idea of having to get up earlier since those videos are generally longer. Its challenging, non-stop and ONLY 25 minutes - can't argue with that. You can get it off Amazon or eBay (local Craigslist) if you don't want to go the BeachBody coach route.
  • KellyR72
    KellyR72 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 and really like it!! I tried Insanity and hated it because I couldn't do all the moves so I kept getting frustrated. With T25 there is a moderator so if there is a move that I am struggling with, I can follow her. I have lost over 6 inches so far and am pleased with the results!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I just started week 3. I like it. It's quick and quite a challenge for me (I'm not very fit). Overall I'm feeling pretty good about it and sometimes I even manage 2 workouts a day.
  • Ejoint
    Ejoint Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is awesome, I think it is one of his best workout programs. Although he sneaks 2 workouts on the last day of the week. The dvd's look great! I think they were filmed in a higher resolution, even though they are not blu-rays.
    With the cool down the workouts are about 30 minutes long.

I burn about 530 to 600 on the Alpha phase dvd's. It is like a condensed Insanity because you have no breaks. But I think it is better because now he has modified version of all the workouts where Insanity did not.

Only bad thing is there are a lot of commercials on the dvd's now. Just skip past them.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    It is pretty awesome, wicked, badass.
    It might only be 25 minutes, but it's 25 minutes straight.........no breaks, or pauses (unless you count the pause when changing from one move to another). You'll be pouring sweat by time your done.

Because I am a cocky SOB, I like doing two of the T25 workouts back-to-back.
    I'm a puddle of mess when it's all said and done.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    We do T25 Tuesdays at the fit club I go to, and I love it. I know I'm getting a better workout than spending an hour doing a different program. After doing lower focus the first time, I couldn't get onto my bar stool type chair at work for 2 days....it was so worth it.
  • monilove78
    monilove78 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 and I definitely like it. Knowing that its only 25 minutes helps with getting thru the workout and I can do something else if I want to like weights.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i started week 3 this week and i LOVE this program. I have never done anything intense like this before ( only 30ds, rin30, slim in 6) I knew i couldn't hack insanity or p90x or anything like that so i gave this a try plus time is a HUGE thing for me, i only have 30-45 min max a day to exercise and it's at 9pm yet... so i have to make due with what i have, so this program fits in nicely.... no major results yet but i am pretty much at goal weight, i just want to lose body fat...