Couch to 5K - 12-week Program

Options
I just started C25K with a November 20th 5K race goal -- my first ever! Today was Week 1 Day 1. If anyone wants to join me, please do! I'm a novice runner so no pressure in this group, simply support! Here we go!

Replies

• ChelsiNicole64
    Options
    I started doing that program awhile ago... Im currently on week 6 day 2, and I'm amazed at how much i can run. Its great program, and it gets tough at some points but if you just keep trying, it works! so i wish you goodluck:)
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I started running about a year ago using the C25K and have now run in 3 races with 1 next weekend and just signed up for 2 in Cotober! I was never a runner and in high school and college I would make fun of those that ran-I just didn't "get" why they would run...NOW I do!!! I LOVE it! Congrats by taking the plunge and signing up for your race...once you run 1 you become addicted and are looking for your next one!!! People are so encouraging and supportive as you are running it is an AWESOME feeling!!!! Good luck and take it slow!!! The results are EMPOWERING!! In fact, my 5 year just ran her first kids fun run over labor day and she is running in another one with me next weekend...:smile::smile:
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I just did week 5, day 3 today. I was really worried about it since it's a 20 minute straight run, but I did it. I was so happy after the run, I cried. I feel like I could do anything, I'm half tempted to do the Air Force marathon 5k.
  • hhhdddggss
    Options
    Thanks, all! I felt like crying when I managed a minute run, so lord only knows how I will feel when I do that Week 6 run you just did!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all! I felt like crying when I managed a minute run, so lord only knows how I will feel when I do that Week 6 run you just did!

I remember feeling like that when I first started.
  • hhhdddggss
    Options
    day 2 of week 1 ... man this one was hard.
  • andeegirl
    Options
    I'm going to double the weeks. I did week 1 day 2 today and I have yet to complete the twenty min of run/walks. I'm not going to quit though, I am passionate about running a 5K.