Over on my calories today!

Options
Well end of the day has arrived and I've gone over on my calories by 46. Although I'm ok with that as we went out for tea for my son's birthday meal. On a positive note i had no alcohol, so it could have been worse.

Hope your all having/had a good day.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For all you know your goal is too low anyway. 46 is nothing. You might lose .99lb this week instead of 1.. if that.
  • AndyRogan
    AndyRogan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Did you include all your exercise?
    That includes cleaning etc.
    Probably not so don't worry about those few cals
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Please don't get to where you are obsessing over every calorie. Considering the goal is to MEET your goal, not stay under, I think 46 over is excellent.
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    No exercise achieved today, didnt have time, straight in from work, then out for tea.

As i said im not to bothered about going over, it's only by a few and i enjoyed the evening.

You still have to have a life while trying to lose weight. Parties/events etc aren't gonna go away, so its a case of working with them.

Thanks guys. ????
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Only 46?! How is this even an issue???? :huh:

46 isn't anything to be concerned about - heck even 460 won't do you any damage in a day.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Did you include all your exercise?
    That includes cleaning etc.
    Probably not so don't worry about those few cals

Cleaning is not exercise. Exercise is setting out to strictly BURN CALORIES. Not dusting your house, or folding your laundry. Day to day tasks is not considered exercise. Please do not fool yourself into thinking weight loss is an easy thing. You are going to have to WORK for this if you want this.

Also, don't stress over little numbers. This is overall and despite MFP "resetting" you every night.. YOU wont reset each night! You burn calories continually! Its great that you were honest and felt like you should be accountable! That helps a lot of us stay on track! Way to go! Keep up the good work!
  • DeeBrownBaker
    Options
    Only 46?! How is this even an issue???? :huh:

46 isn't anything to be concerned about - heck even 460 won't do you any damage in a day.

Exactly this!!

One week I had an overwhelming craving for chicken nuggets... WAY over on cals... still lost that week..I don't stress the occasional overage... glad you don't either...
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    My day is technically not over yet, but for what I have planned for the rest of the day I'll be over maybe 20 calories.
  • SRB8710
    SRB8710 Posts: 90
    Options
    I never freak out if I go over my calories by less than 200 because if I am not sure on stuff I will over calculate to be on the safe side. But, I have been having a great day and a great week last week so everyone keep on logging! :happy: