Yoyo-ing

Options
I'm having a hard time staying motivated :(. I'm 5'3" and weigh 186, I was doing good but I get stressed and it all goes away :(.

Replies

• zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have a really hard time with yo-yo-ing as well.
    I'm 21, 5'1" and 242 pounds at the moment.
  • cbsmith14
    cbsmith14 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm having a terrible time yoyo-ing... my whole life really but I really thought I'd gotten a hold of things last year and now it feels as though I'm back to the beginning.

My feelings about the situation are yoyoing too...
    Some days I feel like I'm ready to take on the world and others I'm super complacent.

I'm facing some big milestones... my 30th birthday is at the end of the month and my wedding is in May, followed by a honeymoon; SUPER THRILLED about life the universe and everything.. I just know I'd enjoy them so much more if I felt my very best.

So, readjusted my weight loss goal to 43lbs today and I'm ready to tackle it....
    Once I'm there, after my wedding, I'll focus on keeping it off.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    My advice is:

1) Don't think of it as dieting, think of it as changing your life
    2) Lower your expectations
    3) You didn't put the weight on in a few days, it won't come off in a few days.
    4) Get rid of the "hangry". Calculate your TDEE-20% and eat at that religiously and faithfully. Go here and follow the steps: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
    5) Invest in a food scale and a heart rate monitor. They're worth every penny.
    6) For exercising, find something you love. I find walking clears my head and de-stresses me.
    7) Do all of the above and you'll be much happier, it will be sustainable and you'll stop yo-yo-ing
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    My 30th is in November and wedding in February lol!!

They keep me motivated and focused 24/7.
  • mesheallering
    Options
    Thanks for the advice and letting me know that I'm not the only one