Anyone Perfect on MFP Plan

Options
Hello,

I was wondering if there are any of you out there who have been tracking for 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 etc etc....and not gone over calories once.

I know slip ups happen.... I am not questioning that.

I am just wondering if there are any people out there that have been on track every single day since joining MFP.

If so, what's the secret to your determination / focus?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    MFP provides a target. So going under is also missing that target. I've been exactly on target two times in the last several months.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I've been on over 600 days,
    and over probably 15% of the time.
  • darkestdayz
    darkestdayz Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Out of 110 days, 10 days over. Not too bad of a track record.
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    you guys are awesome :)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    The object is to get as close as you can to your goal. Under is not the goal at all, so if you're always under you would be doing it wrong.

Today is my 690th day of logging. I've been waaaaay over and I've been quite a bit under, but the end result is exactly what I wanted it to be.

There is no secret to success. As long as you're doing the right thing 80% of the time, you will succeed.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Remember that consistency is more important than perfection. I constantly remind myself of that. I think you'll find most of the people who have long-term success on here realise that it's okay to go over every now and then but the key is to get right back on track the next day and not let one bad day spiral into a bad week.

The best meal plan is the one that you can stick to long-term. For most people this will generally involve a degree of flexibility and the ability to occassionally splurge on special occassions.
  • trackmyday1973
    Options
    The object is to get as close as you can to your goal. Under is not the goal at all, so if you're always under you would be doing it wrong.

Today is my 690th day of logging. I've been waaaaay over and I've been quite a bit under, but the end result is exactly what I wanted it to be.

There is no secret to success. As long as you're doing the right thing 80% of the time, you will succeed.

Happy 690 :)

Wow :)
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've logged for 75 days and haven't been over at all...but one day I had to do some mad "cleaning vigorous effort" at a quarter to midnight.

There are a lot of reasons that I want to lose weight, but I think the thing that keeps me tracking every day is that I have one person that I look up to who has been willing to help keep me accountable. I email him every day and tell him how I did. That seems to make the difference to me. I have never logged my food this many days in a row before. Now what is he going to do if I miss a day? Take my birthday away? Hate me forever? Of course not, but something about making a commitment to another human being makes me more likely to follow through.
  • trackmyday1973
    Options
    I've logged for 75 days and haven't been over at all...but one day I had to do some mad "cleaning vigorous effort" at a quarter to midnight.

There are a lot of reasons that I want to lose weight, but I think the thing that keeps me tracking every day is that I have one person that I look up to who has been willing to help keep me accountable. I email him every day and tell him how I did. That seems to make the difference to me. I have never logged my food this many days in a row before. Now what is he going to do if I miss a day? Take my birthday away? Hate me forever? Of course not, but something about making a commitment to another human being makes me more likely to follow through.

LOL I use to do that. I would eat like crazy until 11:59 pm.... ha ha ha

wow great job on being accountable for 75 days :)
  • dwendling63
    Options
    calories no problem....sugar, carbs or proteins...yep I've seen the red too many times....but I always stay good for the caloric end result.
  • exWHYzee1337
    Options
    no ones perfect! especially not me! :) who wants perfection anyways. its great to have a goal and have accountability, but it's also important to just let go once in a while and indulge.. imho
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I never go or went over my calories and 99% never go over anything else in my macros too.....including sugar,carbs,fat,fiber etc
    It's a lot of planning and dedication..... but it works if you do it well.

Oh and not saying i'm perfect at all....BY FAR!...just saying that...it is possible not to go over if you want to..just need to DO IT!
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Not me! I enjoy my splurge days. I go more for weekly totals than daily. Some days I eat below my recommended cals, others I go over, but at the end of the week, my calories are about where they should be. So that is all that matters to me. some of the goals here can really lead to some OCD behaviors!
  • julien999
    julien999 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm always under
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Almost 600 days in, and I've gone over a handful of times. It isn't about "ERMAGERD! I'MMA GO OVER!@#" in the long run, heck, you could track on a weekly basis and it'd work...

...also, what makes going over a few times imperfect? It's about finding balance. Always has been.
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I would be in the 100s of loggins if it would record when I use the app on my cell. It sucks cause that would motivate me soo much.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I started on April 10th and have logged every day and not gone over once. If you look at my early food diary it looks like I went over, but that is only because in the beginning I was at 1500 calories and once I had lost more than just a couple of kilos I adjusted to 1200 calories ( due to age and height ) and the whole diary adjusted to 1200. But I have never gone over and never had one of those famous cheat meals or days. I have all my life eaten healthy and natural food ( just for a while ate too much of it ) and I eat what I like and therefore don't need to " cheat ".
    There is no real reason why I never have gone over.....I would if I were hungry, but 1200 calories of what I eat feels like it is enough.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    MFP provides a target. So going under is also missing that target. I've been exactly on target two times in the last several months.

This, minus the two days exact.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    I have been logging in 320 days today. I have never been over, well I have until I enter my exercise then I go under :laugh: . I should probably go over every once in a while, but that would mean not do one workout or exercise all day. And sometimes I sure do feel like not doing any workout at all for the day :-)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I was wondering if there are any of you out there who have been tracking for 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 etc etc....and not gone over calories once.

I know slip ups happen.... I am not questioning that.

I am just wondering if there are any people out there that have been on track every single day since joining MFP.

If so, what's the secret to your determination / focus?
    I think you're missing the point. The purpose is not to always be under the calorie goal. It's to be in the ballpark of the calorie goal. That means if 50% of the time you're over by 200 calories and 50% of the time you're under by 200 calories, you've accomplished the same thing as you would have if you were exactly at goal every single day.