Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Gluten Free Zucchini Boat Pizza's!

StarrTrisha
StarrTrisha Posts: 16 Member
I've been trying to work on my Zucchini Boat Pizza's for a while and I've had such a hard time mastering it. Whether the sauce I used wasn't thick enough or it didn't taste the way it should ... I just could not get it! I even followed recipes!

This past Sunday I decided I'd try one more time. (hubby was craving a pizza.. so of course, I didn't turn down his idea of getting one for himself). I thought it'd be the perfect time and opportunity to try and master my own way to do it!

Forgive me if I don't do this in the most convenient way. I've never typed my own recipe up before! :P
Things you'll need:

A Zucchini
A tomato paste (up to you which one you'd like, I used Hunts)
Mozzarella cheese preferably shredded (Light if you're interested in less calories)
Green peppers (As much as you'd prefer on your pizza, if you even preferred any. I used a quarter of a large green pepper)
Pepperoni (Optional)
Garlic power
Some type of oil (canola, olive, etc)

-I started off by cutting the zucchini in half and scooping all the soft (seeded) out.
-I put foil on a baking pan and sprayed it with Pam.
-Lightly glazed olive oil on both sides of the Zucchini for a crunch
-I sprinkled garlic powder on the oil in the top where you'd put the sauce.
-I used a butter knife to spread tomato paste in the middle. Put as much as you'd like depending on how you would normally want your pizza.
-I sprinkled mozzarella cheese on top of the tomato paste. I use about a cup of cheese because I like my pizza cheesy.
-I sprinkled garlic powder on top of the cheese.
-I then put about 10 small green pepper cubes all throughout my zucchini's.
-I topped with 3 pepperoni's on each zucchini slice.

Preheat the oven to 375 and cook for 20 minutes.
Note* I also used a semi-small Zucchini. You might want to up your time to 25 minutes if you have a larger one to use.

They should end up having a brownness to the cheese. You probably wouldn't want a normal pizza that way, but with a Zucchini the more cooked the better (to me at least)

Sprinkle some pepper and you're ready to eat!

If you decide to try it, I hope you love it!

Replies