What is everyone's heritage?

Options

Replies

• FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    For years I thought I was all Irish until I found out that one of my grandmothers, a very strict Catholic, had *pretended* to be Irish most of her life and was, in fact Polish, and probably a Jew. Talk about denial, eh?
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    live in america, dad's moroccan and mom's from belgium
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    CAJUN.............
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Swiss, German, Welsh
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    African of unspecified origin, and English.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Irish, Hungarian/German, Italian and i'm told some Blackfoot American Indian. Im sure there is more, but that's the basics.
  • therevenantchoir
    Options
    Half Afghan, and the rest is a big mixture of Irish, German, Dutch, and Native American.
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    50% british and 50% canadian. but i believe im 100% alien
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    African American (Mom) and Egyptian (Dad)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    On my Mom's side, I'm mostly Greek. My great-grandmother was Spanish and married my Greek great-grandfather when they both came to the US (Boston...later moved to Michigan). From there on my Mom's side, every one married another full Greek until my mom moved to Kentucky and married...

My Dad is Welsh with some Scottish, French, and Italian roots. I've actually successfully traced our family tree back to the 1400s (so far) and majority are Welsh. Some family members may have married from Scotland, France, or Italy along the line. My Dad's family came to the US (Virginia) in the mid 1850s from Wales and made their way to Kentucky from there.

:flowerforyou:
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    One side of the family is very Irish and to a lesser extent Scottish. The other side of my family is German, Welsh, and English.

So altogether I am Irish, Scottish, German, Welsh, English American. Mwhaahaa!

Any who I favor the Irish and Scottish the most.
  • lexoxoc
    lexoxoc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Irish, Scottish, English, Greek, Native American (Wampanoag Tribe), and Italian :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Everyone's heritage is from Africa, since you asked.
  • leahcarrie
    leahcarrie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Maltese, British and Canadian!
  • JarryIvette
    JarryIvette Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hispanic from PUERTO RICO :)
  • MandyPhoe
    MandyPhoe Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm descended from a lineage of bipedal apes - Australopithecus gahri most likely - who evolved into Homo habilis who evolved into Homo ergaster (sometimes known as early Homo erectus), because of having larger brains and being able to use stone tools. Those appear to be my ancestors :drinker:

more recently:

mostly Homo sapiens with a little bit of Homo neanderthalensis

even more recently:

British, aka Briton, Pict, Angle, Saxon, Jute, Norman, Viking, Roman, Celt, and everyone else that's ever invaded the British Isles.

more recently still:

British, allegedly of Anglo-Saxon and Norman descent, but my mum's side of the family, who have a Norman surname, look very Celtic. I'm not aware of any Celtic ancestry, but you know... what's on the official records and where your genes actually come from are not necessarily the same thing LOL And there's a bit of unknown in there too... i.e. people in my dad's family too dark to be British so possibly Spanish, Jewish or Gypsy or something, who knows... lol.

TL:DR I'm descended from bipedal apes of the genus Homo

This!

Hahahahaha ... Nicely put!
  • bohica36
    bohica36 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    1/4 Swedish, 1/8 Dutch, 1/8 Scottish on my Mom's side. Dad's side is Danish and all sorts of European. His genealogy lines go back to the year 3.

someday I hope to travel to see where my mom's family immigrated from:

Visinsö Sweden, to see the house where my great-grandmother was born
    Maryhill, Scotland - Great-great grandparents
    The Hauge, Netherlands - great great grandparents, and great-grandfather.
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    ● Italian

● Greek

● Russian
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    German/Irish from my father's side and Scottish/English/French from my mother's. My maternal great grandmother was African/American and N. American mixed.
  • johnmateosong
    Options
    Mom is pure Filipina and my dad is pure chinese. I was born and raised in the Philippines. :smooched: