Will you all take me back??? I have been BAD and STUPID!!

Options
Hi all

I was on here quite religiously everyday upto recently and I was doing ok but not REALLY being as careful as someone should when they are 'dieting'.

Anyway, I was lured into doing aTotal Food Replacement program and I can honestly say it was HORRENDOUS!! I have never been so miserable, cranky and to a large extent, hungry and unfulfillef food wise in a LONG time.

I had a minor breakdown in the shop yesterday while we were shopping for my other half....I had my wonderful shakes at home, and it made me realise I do not want to do this! I DO want to lose weight...but not in that way!

The TFR would have 'only' lasted 12 weeks and I would have lost 3 stones in that time apparantly, but I was so unhappy after a mere 3 days that I knew this is something I shouldnt be doing and didnt WANT to do so I quit and immediately felt sooooo much better :)

I have started my day of 'normal' food with a yogurt filled with blueberries and raspberries (yummy). I have a lovely wholemeal sandwich for lunch and a burger with a large salad for dinner. So I am still keeping the foods I like....and should still lose weight (according to the food tracker anyway)

I just wanted to see if you would all accept me back ;) and also to let you know these TFR plans are soooooo not worth it! They need a level of determination that I do not think most people could hack!

Stick to your food people :D

Laura xxxx

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the weight loss and welcome back!
  • 2daughtermom
    Options
    By all means, with open arms!!
  • penrance
    Options
    Real people, real weight loss... Real food! Those shakes are not good for your body, or your spirit. And neither is negative thought - you're not bad and stupid - you just tried something that sounded too good to be true, and it was too bad to work.
  • sonyamelvin
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hlad you're back.... many of us think there is a better or easier way, but it is only diet and exercise that works. You are better off just eating something if you crave it and grt it out of your system. Good luck on your journey... we should all be able to take comfort on tjr fact that we are NOT alone in our journey. Enjoy the ride.
    Sonya
  • Luckymam
    Options
    I did LighterLife a couple of years ago.

Expensive misery. Just awful. Cold, lethargic and it taught me nothing other than I'd been stupid to pay over £1000 for ,milkshakes!
  • loza1985
    Options
    Ahh thank you all :)

Seriously, I would have eaten cabbage for life rather than do that (and I hate cabbage)!

Food is best :)

The diet did make me appreciate how much I cant live without food and I would be willing to eat better food than no food at all (which is what I was doing)

So thats the plan :)

LAURA XX
  • loza1985
    Options
    Wow £1000? Thats a lot of money :(

Did it work at all for you?

Laura xx
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You never left MFP. Eating real food is the best is the long run.You can't spend the rest of your life on shakes. It is all about the right foods in moderation, exercise and some strength training. WELCOME BACK!!!!!:happy:
  • loza1985
    Options
    Real people, real weight loss... Real food! Those shakes are not good for your body, or your spirit. And neither is negative thought - you're not bad and stupid - you just tried something that sounded too good to be true, and it was too bad to work.

I still believe it does work....BUT you need a will of steel to do it and I couldnt and wouldnt!!

My friend is still doing the diet and I think she will make the full 12 weeks and she will prob lose a ton of weight BUT her main issue is food. She loves it, and too much of it and along with alcohol I see her going straight back to her old ways!

Laura xxx
  • loza1985
    Options
    You never left MFP. Eating real food is the best is the long run.You can't spend the rest of your life on shakes. It is all about the right foods in moderation, exercise and some strength training. WELCOME BACK!!!!!:happy:

I absconded for a few weeks and was very lax then tried the died from hell!

I am back though :)

Laura xx
  • loza1985
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hlad you're back.... many of us think there is a better or easier way, but it is only diet and exercise that works. You are better off just eating something if you crave it and grt it out of your system. Good luck on your journey... we should all be able to take comfort on tjr fact that we are NOT alone in our journey. Enjoy the ride.
    Sonya

Thank you hun :)

I was getting more miserable by the hour so the relief when I quit was immense!

Glad to be back and eating foooooood!

Laura xxx
  • loza1985
    Options
    By all means, with open arms!!

Ahhh thank yoooou :)

Laura xxx
  • jacgray
    Options
    You have not been bad or stupid, you just wanted to lose weight! I have been to a couple of slimming clubs and been down the replacement diets and have come to realise that counting the calories and a little exercise is the only way to go. It means I can eat what I like - I'm a very fussy eater - and I can have that square or two of chocolate if I want. I try not to deprive myself of treats as long as they are in my calorie limit.

I'm sure you'll do just fine, just don't beat yourself up. I think this site is really helpful and just seeing what calories you are eating makes you think about your food intake. Good luck.

PS Love the *****cat!!
  • loza1985
    Options
    Good luck with the weight loss and welcome back!

Thank you :)

Laura xxx
  • loza1985
    Options
    You have not been bad or stupid, you just wanted to lose weight! I have been to a couple of slimming clubs and been down the replacement diets and have come to realise that counting the calories and a little exercise is the only way to go. It means I can eat what I like - I'm a very fussy eater - and I can have that square or two of chocolate if I want. I try not to deprive myself of treats as long as they are in my calorie limit.

I'm sure you'll do just fine, just don't beat yourself up. I think this site is really helpful and just seeing what calories you are eating makes you think about your food intake. Good luck.

PS Love the *****cat!!

Thank you hun :)

I think the diet is too limited and I was getting concerned with the pains in my chest and the state of my tongue! Obviously wasnt getting enough nutrients :(

I am happy to be back and have decided if I want something I will have it like tonight, I will have a burger but whereas in the past I would have 2 (tsk tsk to me), I will be having just the 1 with a salad :) and looking forward to it too!!!

Going to start writing a shopping list so I know what I am getting and not just wandering around as that never helps!

Love your cat too :) So cute! My cat is called Poppy, that picture is a couple of years old now but I love it!

Laura xxx
  • otpeds
    otpeds Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What??!!??!!! We are dieting????? I thought this was just a lifestyle change!:laugh: :wink: Welcome back...I think we should all take the word diet out of our vocabulary...I think we'll be happier!!!
  • Luckymam
    Options
    Wow £1000? Thats a lot of money :(

Did it work at all for you?

Laura xx

Sure, it worked. Any diet will work if you stick to it. But I think I was so starved that once I went back to real food, I couldn't stop eating. The 3 stone I lost in 3 months went back on in about 6 months!