Can't get enough protein, low enough carbs, please help!

Options
2»

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1046449-tyler-s-tator-tot-casserole

LOL...yum!

OP why do you need to eat your carbs below 45%? I have insulin insensitivity and do pretty well at between 40-50%
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Why force yourself into something your body clearly does not like... not every person's food experiences are going to be the same. The more you force yourself into it the less likely it'll be a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
  • twinsmom03
    twinsmom03 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Banana's are high in carbs because they contain a lot of natural sugar....Try greek yogurt without fruit....also cottage cheese. You could add grilled chicken to your salads.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Hi dear MFPers,
    I started logging my food with MFP three weeks ago and I am trying to cut way back on carbs and eat more protein - so little or no bread, few processed foods, no pasta, and eggs for breakfast!
    However, I just can't get enough protein and lower my carbs below 45%, and I can't imagine how the Atkins people do it!
    Would anyone care to have a look at my diary and tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks so much!
    CP

Meat, lots of vegetables and a bit of fruit.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    low fat yogurt, chicken, tuna and other fresh fish, cottage cheese and beans
    it's honestly not hard

I just changed my macros and lowered my protein and uoped my carbs for marathon training, I am always over in protein and struggle to get my carbs!
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    cut out all of the things with sugars. All grains (except for a select few with very low carbs and high fibre) make sure to count your fiber against your carbs.

go for meats cheeses (Fats are your friend if you're low carbing) nuts, vegetables (minus most root vegetables and corn and corn products)