For Women

Options
I am on my period this week and I feel so horribly bloated. I weighed myself a couple days ago and the scale was far to high. Any other women out there feel bloated/gain some weight while on your period? If so, about how much?

Replies

• ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yup, TOM is no friend. I call her Aunt Flo. She's a B!&@$!
  • TayzerFun
    TayzerFun Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm on mine now and feel very bloated. For myself, I don't weigh-in during my period. I know the numbers will more than likely be off, so I just ignore the scale that week.
  • salad_tramp
    salad_tramp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am always bloated the week before. It sucks, but then it goes away. For me, i try to exercise through it, and I then feel a lot better in a couple days. And treat myself to a little dark chocolate or red wine :)
  • candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I gain anywhere from 6-10 pounds...bloat like a thanksgiving float
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I always feel bloated and the scale goes up about 5 pounds
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better (probably won't), when I complained about this to my gyno, he said it is pretty common to even go up 2 pant sizes during your period due to water weight, and bloating. Sometimes you just have to skip a few extra carbs, drink a few more glasses of water, and skip anything with carbonation as it can make you feel more bloated and uncomfortable.

Feel better, drink some water, and don't get discouraged!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Your current profile pic makes this post awesome...
  • krisjohnson121
    krisjohnson121 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am with you! I am in the throws of it right now and I feel miserable! I feel bloated and yucky... and oh yeah all I want to do is eat!

I avoid the scale at all cost during my TOM. I weight weekly so skipping that week is nice because I generally see a nice loss at my next weigh in.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options

I know, it made me do a double take and then I laughed a little over that.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    It should leave you in a day or two, drink a lot of water.
    I bloat like mad when it,s here.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Yep, I tend to gain anywhere form 2 to 5 lbs. the week before and the week that I am on my period.
  • KimLoves2Run
    KimLoves2Run Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! :)
  • KimLoves2Run
    KimLoves2Run Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I know, it made me do a double take and then I laughed a little over that.

Haha me too!
  • wannabeadancer27
    Options
    I get bloated and constipated the week before. Then, I get diarrhea and lose my appetite. TMI?
  • kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Options
    Yup, TOM is no friend. I call her Aunt Flo. She's a B!&@$!

This pretty much sums it up for me too :bigsmile:
  • nfpswife
    nfpswife Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better (probably won't), when I complained about this to my gyno, he said it is pretty common to even go up 2 pant sizes during your period due to water weight, and bloating. Sometimes you just have to skip a few extra carbs, drink a few more glasses of water, and skip anything with carbonation as it can make you feel more bloated and uncomfortable.

Feel better, drink some water, and don't get discouraged!

This!! Lots of water, avoid salty foods. I was also told that a complex B vitamin, and iron supplements would help the "blaah" feeling so you have more energy to work out. Don't get discouraged!!
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Urgh! I gain as much as 8 pounds and feel like a beached whale. The cramping is horrible!!! Plus, I want to punch people. Men have it so easy.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    As much as 5-8 pounds for me.
  • LaurenBraddy
    LaurenBraddy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So good to hear this is a regular thing! I recently started back on Atkins (yes, yes, yes, I know this is not the way for a lot of people, but I personally love it) and it even said that if you start between ovulation and period, that having no weight loss and/or weight gain is normal. Talk about insult to injury, you already feel Horrible, and then you have be heavier to boot. Blah.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Yep about 3 pounds usually. I avoid the scales that week