super serious question

Options
I am currently 203 pounds, female, 20 years old, 5 foot 3, I am 78 pounds over weight for my height and age, If i loose weight the healthy way, will i have flabby skin?

i look like this at 209 pounds

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    If you lose weight slowly with a moderate calorie deficit and do some strength training with heavy weights while you are losing the fat, the skin has a greater probability of bouncing back and not just hanging loose on you.
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I went from 215 to 127 in 14 months. I didn't have sagging skin, other than skin that saga from being 40 and having two kids... Go slow and you could be just fine.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You are SO YOUNG.

You'll be happier, live longer, look better and be much healthier if you get to a healthier weight. Your skin should be very resilient at your age.

I gained and lost 50 pounds for each of my kids at 29 and 39 with no extra skin. Did your mother have trouble with extra skin after her pregnancies? If not, you should be fine.
  • DragonSpark
    Options
    If you lose weight slowly and with exercise you *shouldn't* have flabby skin regardless of your starting size.
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    If you lose weight slowly with a moderate calorie deficit and do some strength training with heavy weights while you are losing the fat, the skin has a greater probability of bouncing back and not just hanging loose on you.

This. And lots of lotion. In the long run no matter what, healthy weight is much better than taut skin.
  • blodwed
    blodwed Posts: 3
    Options
    You don't mention your height. If you are very short, you could end up with some sagging skin. But age is on your side, and you will likely be able to adsorb it with exercise. Way to go!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Depends on your skin genetics. Mine suck and I have stretch marks and saggy skin! From having kids, though, not from being 'overweight' in general, lol.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    You'd be better off asking for winning lottery numbers. No one knows. And who cares anyway? What difference would it make if you knew the answer?
  • Beewallows
    Beewallows Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I went from 192 to 145 in 4 months, with not much exercise, and my skin was fine. My stretch marks looked better too (tighter, and finer). I think you should be fine, saggy skin usually happens if you lose a huge amount in a very short time (like on shows like the Biggest Loser, etc.)
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    At your age? No. I'm 41, I've recently lost 45 lbs "the healthy way" and I don't have much flabby skin at all, except for a little belly pooch from having four children. Your skin will tighten up as you lose the fat. I recommend doing weight training to build a little muscle, which will prevent you from being skinny-fat.
  • royalty819
    royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You'd be better off asking for winning lottery numbers. No one knows. And who cares anyway? What difference would it make if you knew the answer?

well i rather be the size i am now then be 125 pounds and look like a pile of wet mud cakes
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    As others have said, your age is definitely an advantage considering you lose the weight in a slow, healthy way. Good luck to you!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options

Exactly! Set and reach a goal! Worry about the residuals LATER! There are surgeries to get rid of that ****, ya dig?
  • royalty819
    royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Exactly! Set and reach a goal! Worry about the residuals LATER! There are surgeries to get rid of that ****, ya dig?

thats the thing, i dont have surgery money, or time to heal
  • Mikeys_Girl
    Options
    This is one of my biggest worries also! I lift weights and do push ups and push downs and punches I hope that will help.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

well i rather be the size i am now then be 125 pounds and look like a pile of wet mud cakes

exaggerate much?

you will be healthier, so dont stress about it.
  • guif
    guif Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Going slowly, and drinking lots of water and using proper nutrition and making sure you have all the nutriants/vitamins required will also help make sure your skin goes back the way you want it too. Most people who you see that look like raisins lost weight REALLY quick with like gastric bypass or something equally quick.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

You'd rather be overweight/obese than lose the weight, get fitter/healthier and deal with some loose skin for a bit.

huh.gif
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    No you definitely won't have loose skin its not even a possibility. I feel like you're looking for excuses not to lose the weight.
This discussion has been closed.