Calorie estimate of an entire deep fried pizza? *Pic*

Options
2»

Replies

• angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    That pizza is deep fried? It looks normal to me...
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'd say 2000 easy if it's deep fried (What the heck is deep fried pizza, anyway?!?)

I looked at a frozen grocery store pizza this weekend - thin crust, pepperoni. 16" I think. The whole pizza was around 2,300 calories!

Yours looks fresh and fabulous! :)
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Sweet Jesus Mother of God that is beautiful.

I'm legitimately going to order pizza now.

My guess is around 1400, but it looks like it's worth it. Don't sweat it and just get yourself back on track ;)
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Servings: 1 container (12 slices ea.)

Calories 2,796 Sodium 2,448 mg
    Total Fat 144 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 48 g Total Carbs 288 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 12 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 12 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 84 g
    Cholesterol 180 mg
    Vitamin A 60% Calcium 132%
    Vitamin C 48% Iron 48%

sounds legit
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    :love: I. want. it.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I think it is SO hard to estimate this kind of thing, it's best to just say it was good and move on.

If you wanted a TOTAL WILD BALLPARK, well. You could look up say, a fry bread for nutritional info for the crust, and then estimate the toppings. Deep fried foods are often overestimated, I think, because if they are done right, at the proper temperature, they actually don't absorb as much oil as people assume. Or you could take a similar-sized pizza and add a tablespoon or two of oil as an estimate. But even a tablespoon of canola oil is only 124 calories, so...really it's probably not as bad as you think.

Oh, and for people wondering what it is, they just deep-fry the dough. Add the toppings and finish it off so the cheese gets melty.
  • angelac1296
    angelac1296 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    One slice of papa johns with chicken and a couple veggies is 210 cals each, so call this 2k, be glad you enjoyed it, and do some extra tomorrow!

If I had a pizza that looked like that, I'd eat the whole darn thing too!!!!!!! Looks amazing!!