New to My Fitness Pal

Options
Hello,
My name is Judy and I am 47 years old and from Ohio, Im writing because I am new to My fitness pal and im actually new to trying to lose weight, yea I have tried before and realized that I wasn't as vested as I thought I was so the 50 lbs I lost just came right back. I am married and my husband also needs to lose weight and eat healthier. Well wish us luck and any tips would be helpful.

Replies

• ktafr16
    ktafr16 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey Judy! Welcome to MFP...I have been on and off here for a year but have been dedicated for the past 4 months or so. I have found everyone on here is very supportive and motivating!

Please feel free to friend me as well as anyone else that is in need of support!
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    good luck to the both of you...:wink: and ... welcome to MFP.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: ArmyAntzzz at your service...:blushing: feel free to add me:blushing:
  • eandbmom
    eandbmom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Judy. I am 49 years old and from Ohio too. Friend request sent so we can encourage each other.
  • GillSt555
    Options
    Hi Judy. My name is Gill and I live in the UK. I am new to MPG today as well. I will send through a friend request.
  • judywhi
    judywhi Posts: 18
    Options
    Hello and thanks so much all support is needed
  • mkcongrove1
    mkcongrove1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Ohioan! I am on everyday so feel free to add :)
  • viperk1
    viperk1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have some family in Akron so I'm down there every now and then :-)

I find having MFP friends really helps keep me on track here.
  • N_it_for_lifetime
    Options
    Your post could have been written about me. I am 48 and have at least 75 more pounds to lose; however I have already lost over 45lbs before finding MFP. Add me as a friend if you wish, I will help motivate.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Judy. I'd LOVE to have you on board as a friend. I lost 30 lbs. before joining MFP last year and have lost an additional 18. I'm not 47, I'm only 38, but I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes last year. I've taken this VERY seriously and don't intend to go back.
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi Judy, I'm Debbie. Welcome to MFP. I'm on every day and am very supportive. Feel free to add me.
  • optimisticShark
    optimisticShark Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Judy and I am 47 years old and from Ohio, Im writing because I am new to My fitness pal and im actually new to trying to lose weight, yea I have tried before and realized that I wasn't as vested as I thought I was so the 50 lbs I lost just came right back. I am married and my husband also needs to lose weight and eat healthier. Well wish us luck and any tips would be helpful.

Feel free to add me. I am looking for more friends to share motivation.
  • need2shrink
    need2shrink Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Judy, I am also 47. I am new and have a lot of weight to lose. Count me in! -Rob
  • reagmatt
    Options
    Hello! I just joined MFP. Our daughter is getting married next year I have 11 months to loose 50 pounds. Dress shopping today and I wouldn't even look at Mother of the bride dresses. I've got my game face on now!!
  • judywhi
    judywhi Posts: 18
    Options
    Awesome hope to share ith you our weight loss success
  • meagang1904
    Options
    Just started today too, Judy. Well, tomorrow actually. I wish you tons of luck... more so tons of motivation and determination. I know I need it.

What's your first goal look like?

Mine- a wedding in two months. trying to squeeze into a bride's maid dress... stressing big time.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Kimi, all friends welcome. Support and encouragement provided.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Hi Judy, welcome to MFP! Its a very supportive group of people and I hope you'll get out of it what you are looking for. I am close to goal but log daily and plan to be a part of this team for a long time. Would be happy to help support you and your husband if you would like.. Please feel free to add me to your friend list. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • qweenovme
    qweenovme Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi Judy! I'm Trish from St. Paul. I am 49 and have been using MFP for a little over a week. I have already started to lose weight! I have 30 lbs to lose. MFP is so fun and helpful. I am so inspired by all the stories I have read. Good luck to you!!!:smile:
  • cagefan
    cagefan Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    welcome !! please feel free to add me!!!
  • sirwillthegreat
    sirwillthegreat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey Judy, you've taken the first step, and we're here to help you see your goals through! Everyone feel free to add me!!