best way to satisfy your sweet tooth?

Options
2»

Replies

• meezer1931
    Options
    Try 3/4 of a cup of Cinnamon Life cereal - without milk - 120 calories. Eat it piece by piece. It worked for me. I lost 105 pounds over a 2 year period.:smile:
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    1, 1/4 cup serving of Honey roasted peanuts.
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hunt's snack pack pudding.
  • xmel123x
    xmel123x Posts: 63
    Options
    Definitely agree with the jelly.

I also love the low fat/calorie hot chocolate type drinks, the whole cup has 40 calories, satisfies the sweet craving but also takes a while to drink so lasts a while and fills me up if I'm a bit peckish.

Or if I want a quick fix I will vary occasionally dip a teaspoon in the golden syrup jar and eat that, super sweet, not too many calories but super high in sugar!!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and honey might do the trick for you.

I also love peanut butter on a graham cracker. It's not super sweet but definitely is a treat/indulgence for me.
  • harlar
    harlar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love the Options hot chocolate range as they come in a lot of different flavours so they're really yummy and never boring. :) I also like Muller light yoghurts, low-calorie cereal bars, or plain biscuits -- anything under 100 calories.
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    if you are into peanut butter, maybe try P2B, 45 calories/2 tbsp
  • lizzieloucaws
    Options
    Nakd raw fruit bars I love the orange chocolate flavour! It gives you the really sweet hit and does the trick for me. Although I have also just discovered dark chocolate flavoured chips just had the rasberry flavour. The bag is under 100 calories and is lovely, and I couldnt finish it (this is unheard of for me).
  • Rossa59
    Rossa59 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good alternative sweet things are maple syrup or dark agave nectar as they both have fewer calories than same amount of sugar. More expensive, but then what price your health?

I'm in the UK, so love Del Monte raspberry or mango smoothie bars (92 cals) or Wall's Solero passion fruit coated ice-cream bar for 94 cals. Often get 2 boxes (6) for 3 quid, 50p a lolly.

Best diet pud for me is Ambrosia Rice Pudding. 100g/99cals and that's for the full fat version. Usually around 95p but watch out for offers as we've bought it for 50p/400g can from Asda. Makes a great hot breakfast in winter as it only takes 45-60 secs to heat in the microwave.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    in for ideas.

When I need a chocolate fix but don't want to "waste" my calories on something with little nutrition, I'll add half to one serving of chocolate milk powder to my chocolate protein powder, and mix it with skim milk instead of water. It really boosts the chocolate flavor and I feel better about drinking it since I'm getting over 30 grams of protein with it.
  • Siegel15
    Siegel15 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    2 things I do:

Tsp. peanut butter w/1/2tsp jam on a lo cal corn cracker.
    I will eat 4 of these. 120 calories.

Or, 3 frozen dates. Of maybe even 5. Calories...not sure.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    BACON!!!!

at least for me, a small sweet makes me want some more. The fat and salt combination always satisfied... or heatherloveslily too :wink:
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    bacon, or chocolate covered bacon :)
  • NYgirl1990
    NYgirl1990 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Tea does it for me.
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Dole has dark chocolate frozen banana. 4 slices in 1 bag 100 calories. They are really yummy! I also like sugar free chocolate pudding. I think they are 70 - 80 calories. Greek yogurt makes a good sweet snack. :)