So...INSANITY came in the mail today...GULP!

Options
Hubby and I are about to start Insanity...it looks so cool and we've heard a lot of really wonderful success stories of people who went "insane" (see...I'm getting the lingo down)!

I am pretty sure I can hang...I think...=-).

Advice? Prayers? Last words?

OMG!

Replies

• jmwil5
    jmwil5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2. My body is sore but I know it will get better! Good luck to you
  • miamiink89
    miamiink89 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started it on Monday. I'm pretty sore after it but I'm sure it will get results.
    Add me if you want.
  • SosaEileen
    SosaEileen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started July 17th and I am now on day 22. The first week you will be very sore (at least I was due to being overweight) but it will pass. I felt strong after each workout and had a little pep in my step. Now I take fewer breaks and can go at a faster pace. Don't give up!!!! If you are out of shape like I was I wanted to fall on my face and give up. I am glad I didn't.

Also, my weight went down then up 2lbs then down again but my measurements are consistently going down. So, be sure to measure your waist, hips etc. don't go solely by the scale. Good luck all!
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Best piece of advice..........form first, speed second.
    Don't try to go mad pushing yourself as fast as Shaun T and his robots. Go at your speed to get the form right, and then gradually pick up the speed. If you don't have the good form and you just go "balls to the wall", you'll wind up injuring yourself.

As Shaun T frequently says during the program, go at your own pace and take breaks as you need them..........and in the first week, you're going to be taking many breaks.
  • salad_tramp
    salad_tramp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in week four of Insanity and I totally agree with jeremyw1977...just go for it ,and take breaks when your form starts to falter. Keep water and towel nearby. You will need it! Have fun!!
  • filicia1025
    filicia1025 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am going to start insanity tonight and I am excited to see the results like most of the members here. Do you think it's too much if I jog 30mins in the morning and work on insanity in the afternoon? :blushing:
  • Aprill42
    Aprill42 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You'll have a love/hate relationship with it. LoL I'm on week 4 and prior to it always I dread looking on the calendar to see what the day holds, but when Im done (usually sprawled on the ground) its sooo worth it!

I have felt my endurance get better and Im toning up....If you are going to do any other workout with it do it before, because you will have no energy to do anything else after lol
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    VictoriaFitness2010 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...very good advice! My husband is starting today and I will start on Monday. We are ready for something different so we hope this fits the bill!
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am currently on Month 2 and it is insane!! The secret is go at your own pace
    and modify as you go. You will get stronger and be able to go faster. It is a
    great program and it works!! Best wishes on your journey.
  • SosaEileen
    SosaEileen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am going to start insanity tonight and I am excited to see the results like most of the members here. Do you think it's too much if I jog 30mins in the morning and work on insanity in the afternoon? :blushing:

I do 5K training every other day and usually right after my Insanity workout so depends on how you feel. Try it and if it's too much scale back running until your stamina is stronger to complete both.
  • breakawaygurl
    breakawaygurl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Today's my day 3 doing Insanity and so far, I've been sore for the past 3 days. I was sooooo wrong to think that Day 1 is an easy day since it's just the Fit Test. Imagine my surprise when I was sore later that day. So far I've been working out since January (as part of my New Year's Resolution) and this morning, I had to take a pill before starting my workout because I'm really sore. But I'm not quitting. Good luck to all of us. :happy:
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Press play and dig deep ! heheh you can do it :)
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Waiting for the post man to bring mine. Do you need any equipment as we will be taking it on holiday (if it arrives on time).
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Advice? Prayers? Last words?

Sounds like you are already intimidated. Not sure by what;, its just a video. The only thing you have to be afraid of is how hard you push yourself.

That being said, if it gets to be too much, slow down and take a rest. Drink some water then keep going. You are in total control. Do what you can do within your skill level and if you feel like you can go a bit harder, then go for it. Other than that, the most important thing is to stay safe and have fun!
  • angelb1983
    angelb1983 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I got 3 weeks into insanity and hurt my knee so I bought T25 because it is shorter and has a modifier. If I had any advice to give it would be just take it at your own pace and only do what your body can handle, modify what you need to. I tried to do too much too soon and I think that is partially how I injured myself. Good luck....let us know how workout 1 went :)