Is this okay

Options
sub10orbust
sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
Mowing lawn at 6am? I mean it's Wednesday not like Saturday morning or something..i go to gym at 4 am usually so thinking about doing it right after. most people should be awake anyways rite?

Replies

• BrookieTrout626
    BrookieTrout626 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would be super pissed if my neighbor mowed their lawn at 6 am. You would be on my hit list lol
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    And mine lol. We don't all get up at 6 a.m.
  • ALLENFLO
    ALLENFLO Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    No
  • Miss_Humps_Alot
    Options
    I'd wait until after 7 :)
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Depends completly on the sound ordinence in your area. If you called to find out my mine you would find out that small enginge noice is permitted from 7am to 6pm. Yes.... mowing is OK at 7am but not 7pm. stupid people making stupid laws. :indifferent:
  • SandyQ229
    SandyQ229 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i would have to say 6 is too early. wait till at least after 7-730
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    should be fine as it's not 6am here :p
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    *loads the gun*

Sure! Go right ahead!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Depending on your neighborhood, some areas might be against the HOA agreement. I can't use power tools outside before 8:30 am.
  • kristle00
    kristle00 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Depends on your town. I'm a 911 dispatcher in my hometown of under 5,000 people. We've gotten complaints of people mowing their lawns at 10:30pm at night and 6am in the morning, during the week. What my officers say about it? There is nothing they can really do. Some people work late, and their options of mowing their lawn are early or late. 6am is normally when road/house construction and that type of stuff starts, so why not? Your neighbors might not be too happy about it but if that's the time that works best for you, what is really gonna happen about it? If your city doesn't have a noise ordinance or any laws enforcing specific times then it's up to you. If you're that worried about your neighbors, you can always talk to them before hand or write them notes saying, hey i just want to let you know beforehand that I will be mowing my lawn at this time on this day. This is what time works best for me and it needs to be done, I hope the noise isn't too much of an inconveinence. I would also take into consideration the size of your lawn. How long does it normally take you to do it? Will you be bagging your lawn clippings so you are constantly stopping and starting or are you just gonna mow it without and get it over quick?
  • CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Sorry, 6am is a no-go! :noway:
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Do you know your neighbors at least in passing? Do they have little kids that may be out of school right now and still sleeping that early, or babies that may be back to sleeping after a 5am feeding?

I personally wouldn't mind because after 16 years of working overnights I've slept through it all and lawnmowers basically sound like white noise to me now : )
  • sub10orbust
    Options
    how do i multi quote?
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Not sure what kind of mower you have but the grass would be to wet for me to mow at that time. I always wait for afternoon so i get a nice even cut.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    If your lawnmower doesn't have an engine, a pushie, wouldn't bother me.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Ohh I would soooo come out and kick you in the butt!!
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I don't care, l leave my house at 5:45 am :-)
  • TayWaters
    Options
    As a Nightfiller that doesn't finish work until 1am, if you woke me up at 6am mowing your lawn I would definitely hurt you! :laugh:
  • sub10orbust
    Options
    Not sure what kind of mower you have but the grass would be to wet for me to mow at that time. I always wait for afternoon so i get a nice even cut.

but wouldn't that disturb people taking naps?
  • Addis_Daddy12
    Addis_Daddy12 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my daughter's bedroom is at the front of the house, and if one of my neighbors were to dare cut their lawns before 8:30am I would probably get a little bent. Nothing punching them in the face wouldnt remedy I dont think.