14 Weeks to Christmas Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• bikinimission
    Options
    Hi Beebee78 - I wasn't quite sure what your week 1 goat was? Apologies if I've just missed it!

Thanks,
    Christine
  • louloubabydoll
    louloubabydoll Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ok am I thick. why can't I see chart?
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    This was not the week to do the no chocolate thing haha. I am not one who likes chocolate much but TOM does! :sad:
  • Raina0512
    Options
    Can't wait to see everyones progress next week! :happy:
  • rs1177
    rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is terrific!! I love the chart thing, thanks for all your effort!!

So I'm doing good so far on the no choclate ( which is really surprising because I am addicted to sweets! ) but I do have a question....how about protein bars that have choclate on them? I have one here with me today, I havent eaten it yet, just want to check about it first...I guess 'no choclate' means no choclate whatsoever! am i right?

Good luck all in your week!
  • fischro
    fischro Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Love the chart!! Thanks for taking the effort to identify each and every one of us! Looking forward to the weekly weigh ins and the weekly challenges! WE ALL WILL MAKE OUR GOALS!!!!!!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bikini xxxx Love your work!!! :love:

What a fantastic HUGE group!! This is awesome!!!
    So far so good, I'm doing ok with the chocolate challenge. But it's only Thursday so plenty of time for this to get tough for me!!
    I'm glad you have set this as I've been way over doing it!!

Thanks for doing these great charts, It's brilliant to see a breakdown of what everyone does, I hope people won't mind me adding those of you who run, this will be my next challenge, I need all the help I can get after an unsuccessful attempt a year and a half ago :sad: Hope to get some advice and tips on how to build up and get running daily, without injury!!

My count down reminder says it's 100 days to XMAS today!!! WOW!!!
    So soon!! My son will be happy. :wink:

Keep up the good work everyone xxxx :flowerforyou:
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Hi Beebee78 - I wasn't quite sure what your week 1 goat was? Apologies if I've just missed it!

Thanks,
    Christine

Ah ha!!! I'm hoping for a pound a week but I'm not allowed to weigh myself until 15th November ( my trainer won't let me haha!) so I won't be able to log a weight again till then xxx
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    is it too late to add one more? :)

I like: writing in lowercase, lists, funky socks, tivo, cashmere mist perfume, a clean kitchen, God, reading, chandeliers, my dog, pansies
    I don't like: red wine, flavored water, mornings, being overweight, when the 'rockies' don't play seth smith, my dog's flatulence
    Current typical or usual exercise: walking (mon/wed), running (tues, thurs, sun), yoga (weekdays), weights (random)
    Current Starting Weight: 128.2
    Aim for next week: - 127
    Personal 14 week Goal: 113
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    The Bikini-Killer is IN!!!

I like: Surfing, Hiking, beach bummery, Bikini's, back packing, bikes, rock climbing, dancing, punk rock, books, and cute puppies!
    I don't like: The Oxford Comma and all those pesky grammar rules! Sitting at home doing "nothing"....dislocated ribs and torn ligaments are no fun, either. (But it might have been fun how I got them!)
    Current typical or usual exercise: loving life mostly (surfing, hiking, riding my bike, playing and stuff). Also trying to train for a marathon- so running 3-4 x's a week. Frequent (not daily) yoga. Chin ups, push ups...when the mood hits me.
    Current Starting Weight: 148
    Aim for next week: 147
    Personal 14 week Goal: 135 with functional knees, 1 marathon under my belt, and the perfect bikini for snowboarding season!
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great charts!!

My weight (I did it at 3am this morning...up with a sick kiddo so why not) was 120. My goal weight for this week is 119.5 and for the overall challenge its 117.

Doing okay this week but starving this morning...P.S. is there a way to see only the new posts without have to scroll through all the old stuff? New to MFP. TIA
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Just wanted to post this link with 100 weight loss tips. They are on the website of the Weight loss doctor I work for.

http://www.georgiabariatrics.com/tips

:happy: Happy weight loss everyone!
  • sonia2003
    sonia2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Great job bikinimission and mimi for setting up this challenge and for organizing the charts! Wow that was definitely a lot of work. I am technically at my last 10 or so pounds and I know its the most difficult but I really am hoping to get it off and get back to being "me!" Its been so hard for me to resist chocolate and its funny, not that I know I cant have it, I want it more! I just need to stop thinking about it!

AND for those of you wondering, the grouse grind is actually about an hour or so hike up the grouse mountain in vancouver, its all up hill with a mix of trail, and some stairs, and its supposed to burn about 900-1100 cals each hike!! Its an amazing workout and I love it but it definitely is really tough to do! I am sad that winters coming so the trail will be full of snow and it closes but I am aiming to do it 1-2x a week. In the summer, I try to get to 3x a week.

Heres a link for anyone who's interested!

http://www.grousemountain.com/Winter/vancouver-bc-hiking-trails-trips/
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    So I'm doing good so far on the no choclate ( which is really surprising because I am addicted to sweets! ) but I do have a question....how about protein bars that have choclate on them? I have one here with me today, I havent eaten it yet, just want to check about it first...I guess 'no choclate' means no choclate whatsoever! am i right?
    I was also wondering about this!!!!!!

Bikinimission - the chart looks great!
  • hockey247
    hockey247 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to make the chart for all of us. This is a great group and I look forward to getting to know everyone!!
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join in? Would love to be a part of this challenge!

Location: Charleston, SC USA (but my mother lives in Glasgow, Scotland and I also have a British passport if that counts for anything lol)
    I like: horses, cooking
    I don't like: feeling unattractive
    Current typical or usual exercise: riding horses, walking dogs, and just got a new bike
    Current Starting Weight: 175
    Aim for next week: 174
    Personal 14 week Goal: 161 = 14lbs.. or 1 stone 1lb!
  • dawnkey
    Options
    I'll give this a bash:

I like: Cinema, Reading, avoiding the ironing, shopping...and baking.. which is why I ended up here :)
    I don't like: feeling like a chunky monkey and bingo wings, muffin tops or saddle bags!
    Current typical or usual exercise: walking with my small child, Zumba classes and assorted DVD's
    Current Starting Weight: 173
    Aim for next week: 172
    Personal 14 week Goal: 14lbs
  • bikinimission
    Options
    Aw, lovely to see even more of you joining in! I'll add you to the chart next week - it might take a week to make the chart if the group keeps growing though!!

As for the questions about the chocolate challenge this week and for the challenges over the next 14 weeks, all I can say is do what you can! We'll not kick you out if you slip up or if a challenge really doesn't fit into your lifestyle. However, maybe you could adapt them to suit you - for example if you can't do without your mocha coffees this week maybe you could cut out sweets instead? Remember though, challenges should be a little tough or they wouldn't be challenges - right?! Keep using the board as a source of motivation, venting and support though!

You're all doing amazingly so far - keep it up! Also, to anyone who's mailed me privately, I havent got a chance to reply to everyone but I have got all your messages - updates will be made to the chart next week :)

xx
  • cherries1971
    cherries1971 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like: family get togethers, nights out with the girls, Rosemary Conley exercise classes :D
    I don't like: Feeling fat, Bingo wings and Rude people
    Current typical or usual exercise: 1 hour Rosemary Conley exercise class and 1 hour aerobic workout at local gym
    Current Starting Weight: 152
    Aim for next week: 151
    Personal 14 week Goal: 14lbs
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I have to confess.....I completey failed this week's challenge and ONLY just realized it. I'm a sucker for "something new" and when I saw it, I bought it. It then went neatly in my mouth without even thinking!!! It's the without even thinking. I'm going to extend the no chocolate rule for an extra week for myself since I need to be more aware of what I'm putting in my mouth. It wasn't even worth 2 weeks of no hot chocolate :(