Best workout DVD?!

Options
2»

Replies

• momsgettinhealthy
    momsgettinhealthy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Check out YouTube. You can just search for workout videos or something similar and come up with a ton of options. Also, most of the ones that have been mentioned here are available on YouTube also.

I have been doing 30 Day Shred as well and love it. Short and semi-sweet but a great workout nonetheless. Also, last night started a Walking with Leslie Sansone series and did the 2 mile walk just to kinda see what it was about and really enjoyed it.
  • mariahays
    mariahays Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Love Love Love Ripped in 30 by JM.
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hey guys thanks for all your suggestions! Been away for a few days is only just logged back on, hence the late reply!

Didn't realise the library have a section on fitness, will deff be checking that out when I'm back home!

I've ordered 30 day shred to stArt me off, hopefully it will have arrived by the time I've got home.. Gonna need it after all the pigging out I've done this week - dreading getting on the scales!

Will check out YouTube & the other site suggested in the mean time!

Thanks again
  • victorina3
    victorina3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Random question, are you Irish? I'm guessing from the "thanks a million."
  • IZackV13
    IZackV13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Focus T25 should be right up your alley. Challenging for beginners and veterans (you go at your own pace and modified moves are included) and the ENTIRE thing is done is 6 different 25 minute sessions a week.

Easy Cheesy Japanesey
  • IZackV13
    IZackV13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Somewhat of a tangent here, but the names "Ripped in 30" or "30 Day Shred" or whatever are totally bogus unless you are already VERY close to lean.

Names like that imply that strict diet adherence and hard work in/out of the gym are useless, which isn't the case. I'm not saying you can't get ripped/shredded with those workouts, but putting a timeline of one month on it is only achieveable by about .0001% of the population.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a Beachbody coach. However, I appreciate that Shaun T. and Beachbody in general do not promise things or market in a way that makes them dishonest. Yes, Insanity, P90X, Turbofire, Focus T25 CAN get you ripped, but you have to put in a ton of work to get there and they make no bones about that. Beachbody's Magic Pill? Blood/Sweat/Tears, repeat.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Somewhat of a tangent here, but the names "Ripped in 30" or "30 Day Shred" or whatever are totally bogus unless you are already VERY close to lean.

Names like that imply that strict diet adherence and hard work in/out of the gym are useless, which isn't the case. I'm not saying you can't get ripped/shredded with those workouts, but putting a timeline of one month on it is only achieveable by about .0001% of the population.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a Beachbody coach. However, I appreciate that Shaun T. and Beachbody in general do not promise things or market in a way that makes them dishonest. Yes, Insanity, P90X, Turbofire, Focus T25 CAN get you ripped, but you have to put in a ton of work to get there and they make no bones about that. Beachbody's Magic Pill? Blood/Sweat/Tears, repeat.
    we're aware.
  • tattedbarbz
    Options
    30 day shred is good if you want to tone up but I found it impossible to lose weight on it, I don't think it's enough cardio. I love all of the tae bo dvds no matter how old they are and they always deliver the best results. I also have tried the lose weight workout with mikyla dodd. She is such a random 'celebrity' and I don't know where the hell the dvd came from but it is SO good and i've tried so many.
    Anyway good luck
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    There are many varieties of programmes on Team Beachbody (no I am not a Coach) and you can find one that suits you personally. I have used 10-Minute-Trainer, Les Mills Combat and Les Mills Pump.

I think Les Mills Combat is by far one of the best all around DVD programs. There is intense cardio mixed in with strength and flexibility training........awesome blend....................and no, I am not a Coach either.
  • amwood89
    Options
  • amwood89
    Options
    Random question, are you Irish? I'm guessing from the "thanks a million."

No.. English through & through
  • amwood89
    Options
    Focus T25 should be right up your alley. Challenging for beginners and veterans (you go at your own pace and modified moves are included) and the ENTIRE thing is done is 6 different 25 minute sessions a week.

Easy Cheesy Japanesey

Will check this out then too! I haven't got a clue when it comes to fitness DVDs.. Hopefully I will find one to suit me!
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I think Les Mills Combat is by far one of the best all around DVD programs. There is intense cardio mixed in with strength and flexibility training........awesome blend....................and no, I am not a Coach either.
    [/quote]

Would have to agree! I love it.