this is an important announcement...

Options
guys please, i beg of you, wear a good deodorant :) i was at the gym and nearlly passed out!!! the stench of man arm pit was stronger then the guys there!!!!

:)

Replies

• JamesDanek
    JamesDanek Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Oh dear....

this is going to be noisy.
  • princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    lol.. well maybe they cant smell themselves???.... i'm just helping out :)
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    put vicks vapor rub under your nose. problem solved.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    :angry: I naturally smell like roses
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    put vicks vapor rub under your nose. problem solved.

that could work.....
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    :angry: I naturally smell like roses

i'm sure you do...:wink:
  • InsolentMint
    Options
    Oh, I'm very sorry for sweating at a gym. Gee...
  • jayce54321
    jayce54321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If you aren't sweating (and smelling) by the end of your workout, then you are probably doing it wrong.
  • MissOaks
    Options
    Maybe more so if it wasnt four in the mornin. :tongue:

Im with the vicks suggestion.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    In my experience, bad body odor isn't from sweating AT the gym, it's from not washing your gym clothes or not bathing in the past 72 hours. Exercise sweat isn't usually stinky... not like stress sweat is.
  • JamesDanek
    JamesDanek Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    In my experience, bad body odor isn't from sweating AT the gym, it's from not washing your gym clothes or not bathing in the past 72 hours. Exercise sweat isn't usually stinky... not like stress sweat is.

Or Terror sweat!!
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    lol.. i sweat..... but i dont stink.... all for sweating!!! just wear the damn deodorant :happy:
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

Exactly , Smelly people are a result of bad hygiene . When I sweat I don't stink unless I chowed down loads of garlic the previous day :wink: Smells good
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I believe a lil sweaty smell is normal even when using deoderant properly. bUT a strong stench means someone has consistent body odor and should have bathed before working out.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    lol.. i sweat..... but i dont stink.... all for sweating!!! just wear the damn deodorant :happy:

Maybe you just can't smell yourself?:)
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't think fresh sweat is all that stinky. If people are stinking at the gym they were probably stinky before they went in.

I haven't noticed it at my gym on anyone though, but I don't really get all that close to anyone lol
  • InsolentMint
    Options

Maybe you just can't smell yourself?:)

Exactly...

Re: bad hygeine:
    I wash my gym clothes all the time, always wear clean ones, shower every day and always right after my workout. I work out pretty hard so I get pretty sweaty, and despite it being "clean sweat", I'm not 100 % oderless. Add that up with sweat from a bunch of other gym goers, and it's not going to smell like roses...

It's a GYM. And human beings smell. Perspiring and releasing hormones, they smell. Excellent hygeine or not.

But hey, sure, old sweat and dirty gym clothes is a whole other story...
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    it was pretty damn bad.... i mentioned to the chick on the desk, and she said they have to tell the guys some times... cause the obviously dont realise it.....
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm butyric acid.

Not to ruin things for you, but if you think hard, you'll notice that fear sweat, vomit, and Parmesan cheese all have one thing in common: butyric acid.

Funny how context can determine perception
  • InsolentMint
    Options
    Mmmmm butyric acid.

Nerd. :heart: