Looking for advice for staying on track...

Options
I will be heading out of town to attend my grandma's funeral and am concerned that the travel plus stress of the event might make staying on track difficult. I'm planning to pack my own snacks for the trip itself and have my runs planned around where I'll be and when (I'm training for a marathon, so that ought to help me stay on track with exercise). Do you have any additional tips to help me not get completely derailed this weekend? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

Replies

• Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your grandma.

But it's only one weekend, and away from home, so don't panic too much! If you don't manage to stick to your regime it's not the end of the world, it's only a couple of days and when you come home, you'll be back in your own environment and back to normal.

Do your folks know? Can you get them on board to help you out by not thrusting cakes under your nose, or plying you with lots of alcohol?
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I would change my goal to maintenance for the weekend in your position. It's going to be tough enough already and it'll have very little impact on your overall progress - and you won't feel a failure for going over.

Hope everything goes to plan x
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Are you staying with family or hotel? I would plan to bring all of my snacks if you can or shop when you get there. However, considering the circumstances I would not let getting a little derailed get me down. At least you will continue to exercise.
    Sorry for your loss and good luck!
  • lilyp91
    lilyp91 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice! I got through it by continuing to follow my marathon training schedule and staying on track for all meals except dinner. I am back on track today. :o)