Misleading food! What did you underestimate?

Options
Nouurann
Nouurann Posts: 183 Member
My friends and I were out all night driving home, and decided to stop at Ihop. Not the healthiest choice :P. phone was dead so no mfp D:. So I chose a GARDEN OMLETTE. Literally, tomatoes, peppers, onions mushrooms and cheddar...so i got home and checked....how is that 920 calories?! Crazy. I thought maybe 500 calories and that was pushing it. What are some foods you underestimated?

Replies

• ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Macaroni and cheese. It's not fair! :noway:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    homemade potato chips :sad:
  • kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Options
    Pasta, rice..... Those two are pretty much off limits now. I always knew they were high cal, but its crazy that something so plain, so tasteless, can have double the calories of whatever you serve it with!
  • AlexB422
    AlexB422 Posts: 111
    Options
    Next time you go try getting the Whole Wheat pancakes with blueberries with sugar free syrup. 4 huge pancakes that make me so full I almost bust for about 500 calories.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    ice cream... every time I measure it I wonder who the hell invented 1/2 cup servings.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    ice cream... every time I measure it I wonder who the hell invented 1/2 cup servings.

Metoo!
  • animelose2012
    Options
    Anything my boyfriend makes for dinner and some delivery sandwiches, also fast food salads, Also slush drinks like a slupprie.
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Chipotle's chips and guacamole. I would get that PLUS a burrito. My burrito (I don't change it up) is less calories than that!
  • witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Anything that says "healthy". If it has to say it, it's not. Most things that start out healthy are made unhealthy to make it more palatable for marketing.
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Before I knew better I didn't think muffins were that bad, especially if they were fruit muffins.

You are better off eating a cupcake :(
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Breakfast cereal was a big eye opener for me back when i first started measuring food.
  • mistertug
    Options
    I ordered blueberry pancakes and a side of scrapple one time, thinking the scrapple would be way higher, but I was way off.
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    sweet potato crisps! home made, delicious (imo) AND ANNOYINGLY MOREISH!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, those tablespoons add up quick
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Granola, only a 1/4 cup serving...wtf?
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Everything is double what I think/estimate it to be no kidding, still learning lessons after one year of counting. What I eat at home I know. It's outside that I have to research beforehand otherwise you get hit with a high number.
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    East Side Mario's spaghetti with meat balls (3 small ones) was 910 calories! And waaaay too much fat!
  • Halcyon3608
    Halcyon3608 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My grocery store has the most delicious coconut date rolls in the bulk bins. All they have in them are dates and shredded coconut, how bad could they be?

Apparently one roll the size of my thumb is 110 CALORIES. Lord in heaven, I could have 2 fun-size Snickers for not much more than that, and they'd feel a hell of a lot more like dessert.

So much for finding a healthy sweet snack.

I do have to thank my father for raising me to have a healthy relationship with ice cream. Half a cup of ice cream is perfect for me - we used to stretch a pint of Ben & Jerry's to 5 or 6 servings. My fiancé was so confused when I saw these little bitty bowls at Target and squealed that they were perfect for ice cream!
  • Crzymommyof2
    Options
    nutella...holy **** I could of had a candy bar for that many calories
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    its so high because all the stuff in it is fried before its in the omelete