Where are you from? Norrbotten Sweden
    What struggles do you have? Weight loss
    What goals do you have? Loose a few pounds and tone up
    Do you have a fitness program? Nature is my gym
    What parts of your body give you problems? Lower back + hips
    What symptoms do you have associated with your weight? none
    Do you have a support system? MFP
    What is your food weakness? cheese!
    What do you struggle with emotionally around eating? In a way, I don't eat when I don't feel okay
    What are your danger foods? gluten, shellfish, nuts (allergies)
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I certainly qualify - 47 years walking the Earth (or crawling, at fist)

Who are you? Just a dude. Not THE dude, but a dude.
    Where are you from? Currently Boston, born in NC.
    What struggles do you have? Patience. I want to be done NOW, but I'm only about 1/2 done after 4 months.
    What goals do you have? Get to 20% body fat.
    Do you have a fitness program? Indeed, a combination of cardio (for calorie burn)+ weight lifting (muscle maintenance)
    What parts of your body give you problems? I'm the prototype apple shape, so the belly.
    What symptoms do you have associated with your weight? I don't think so, I may not understand this question exactly.
    Do you have a support system? Not really, I write a blog about this effort, maybe that counts.
    What is your food weakness? Food, I love it all.
    What do you struggle with emotionally around eating? I don't think emotional eating has ever been an issue for me.
    What are your danger foods? Straight sugar candy, like Nerds or Skittles. Once I start eating this type of candy I become a consumption machine and will annihilate all such candy in one session.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Who are you and where are you from? I'm Beth, I'm 54 but will be 55 near the end of this month. I am from Tucson, AZ, and am a single (aka divorced) mom to 3 fantabulous kids plus 2 furbabies. (My son has a fantastic job in Tempe and no longer lives at home. One daughter is a 2nd year teacher and is trying to save enough money to get her own car and her own place. The other daughter is a student who is looking forward to getting a job that pays decently so she can move as well.)

What struggles do you have? Honestly, my biggest struggle is that I'm lazy. It's a struggle to get to the gym. And it's not always easy to eat right either.

What goals do you have? To look better in the dress I'm planning to wear to a big party in Sept than I did when I tried it on in June. To go horseback riding in Scotland and Ireland. To run a 5k some day.

Do you have a fitness program? Sort of. Yoga (Tues), BodyPump (Wed), BodyFlow (Thurs), Zumba (Sat), and BodyPump (Sun). Monday and Friday, I may try to go to the apt complex fitness center and use the treadmill and weight machine thing... or I may let the laziness win. I sometimes walk my dogs on Saturdays/Sundays.

What parts of your body give you problems? My belly and my butt. My legs seem to be shrinking but the belly/butt are pretty much staying the same. :(

What symptoms do you have associated with your weight? My knees hurt like hell and they scream obscenities at me during and after exercising.

Do you have a support system? All y'all! ;) My daughters. Some friends.

What is your food weakness? Food in general. LOL

What do you struggle with emotionally around eating? I don't know that I really struggle with anything emotionally connected with eating.

What are your danger foods? Pizza, bread, chocolate. :)

Please feel free to add me if you'd like. :D
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Well, I do not fall in the age range. But, I have been mentally 50 for about 10 years now. :)

Feel free to add me, and this goes for all, if you'd like an encouraging MFP friend. I log daily, have an open diary and try my absolute best to make the best choices every day. I was morbidly obese about 3 years ago, and now I'm just obese. I started at 325 with no will to make my life any better, and now I am 265 with the want and need to start my life, my true, healthy, happy life.

My original goal to lose weight was so my bf and I could have little gremlins. (ie, children, lolz) Now, I still want that, obviously, my biological clock is ticking overtime right now. But, I also want to be that woman that runs in AM, prefers a bike ride to sitting on the couch watching TV. I want to be that girl that is healthy, and positive.

I also do not want to be stick thin. My goal is not lofty. When I lose my 115 pounds, I would still be 210 pounds. If you'd like me to explain why that's my goal, feel free to ask privately. But, it mostly has to do with the idea that cookie cutter beauty should not be the norm.

So, in summation, if am worthy, please send a friend request. :) GOOD LUCK TO ALL! :flowerforyou:
  • willmirl
    Options
    Who are you? My name is William. 51 years
    Where are you from? Dublin, Ireland
    What struggles do you have? Love of food
    What goals do you have? Weight loss and Hiking goals
    Do you have a fitness program? Yes. Walking and Hiking
    What parts of your body give you problems? Back and Chest and recently hips.
    What symptoms do you have associated with your weight?
    Do you have a support system? not as such. No
    What is your food weakness? Chocolate
    What do you struggle with emotionally around eating? Eat when unhappy
    What are your danger foods? savoury or sweet, don't discriminate
  • lynettesellarscarey
    lynettesellarscarey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I am a 50 year old woman ( 51 on Sept 20th) who lives in the Austin area of Texas. My name is Susan and I would love to connect with others in my age range who can relate to some of the issues we experience.

I want to meet new people, make new friends both online and off and support, encourage, motivate, be inspired & inspiring!

Everyone please feel free to add me Thanks:smile:

Who are you? Hi my name is Lynette 45 years old:happy:
    Where are you from? Newfoundland, Canada :heart:
    What struggles do you have? Exercising, I recently had a knee replacement
    What goals do you have? I would love to lose 40 lbs
    Do you have a fitness program? no
    What parts of your body give you problems? Belly
    What symptoms do you have associated with your weight? High blood pressure and cholesterol
    Do you have a support system? My husband
    What is your food weakness? potato chips
    What do you struggle with emotionally around eating? sometimes
    What are your danger foods?

I would really love to hear from all you!!! What works for you, what doesn`t work you.... the good bad and the ugly!

Let`s get connected!
  • mark_finewood
    mark_finewood Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am a 46 year old guy and would love to connect with others on here to help keep the motivation going.

Who are you? I am Mark and I'm 46, married and father of 3 kids; that's Christopher in my profile pic, he's 2.
    Where are you from? Finger Lakes Area of Upstate New York
    What struggles do you have? I often start on a good diet & fitness plan, then fall off the wagon after a few months.
    What goals do you have? To get down near my high school weight. I was around 135 in high school. If I could reach 145 I'd be happy.
    Do you have a fitness program? I'm a member of the fitness center at work and use the fitness instructor as my coach and at my request I started a recurring meeting with her (every 2 months) to evaluate my progress help hold me accountable to continue my workouts and diet. I also send her my myfitnesspal diet updates.
    What parts of your body give you problems? None specifically, just overall I'm heavier than I should be.
    What symptoms do you have associated with your weight? None specifically that I know of.
    Do you have a support system? I use my fitness coach as stated above. I reached out to her because I knew I needed help to stay on track and to not be lazy about my workouts.
    What is your food weakness? Pretty much everything, pizza especially. I just love food.
    What do you struggle with emotionally around eating? If I'm upset my diet goes out the window.
    What are your danger foods? It could be anything.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I'd love to follow others progress and vice versa and help keep each other motivated.

Thanks everyone for posting, sharing, commenting and providing support, this seems like a good health minded community!
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    *Raising hand*

I'm 48 years young and live in the NYC area. Feel free to connect.

Addendum:

What struggles do you have? Weight training and stretching. I'm pretty good and consistent with cardio
    What goals do you have? Doing it in 20lb increments. Started at 306lbs in 03/2013. Currently at 278lbs and been using MFP a little under a week.
    Do you have a fitness program? Yes
    What parts of your body give you problems? Knees/Back/Belly
    What symptoms do you have associated with your weight? Borderline Type II diabetic
    Do you have a support system? My gym homies
    What is your food weakness? salty foods
    What do you struggle with emotionally around eating? nothing comes to mind
    What are your danger foods? alcohol
  • mustang6411
    mustang6411 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    There is a group named "Over 50 Ladies" but we are not all 50. You are welcome to join.
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just turned 45 and it seems that once I hit that 40 mark, it was so much harder to lose weight and it seems like every time I ate a slice of bread I gained a pound.

Who are you? I'm Katharine and I got married a year ago after being a single mom for 10 years. I have a daughter who is 16 and very athletic and thin. She's learning from my mistakes and really watches what she eats.
    Where are you from? Virginia
    What struggles do you have? I know how to lose weight, I just don't have the motivation. I love food.
    What goals do you have? To be fit and at a healthy weight
    Do you have a fitness program? Not really.
    What parts of your body give you problems? My knees, but I know that once I lose weight they'll be better
    What symptoms do you have associated with your weight? None that I know of.
    Do you have a support system? My husband and my daughter
    What is your food weakness? Food, especially carbs
    What do you struggle with emotionally around eating? I did for a long time but I realized that eating to dull the pain isn't worth it
    What are your danger foods? Carbs

Feel free to add me.
  • jjinteso
    jjinteso Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Who are you? My name is Joe and I will turn 52 in December. I have been a memeber of MFP since late May.
    Where are you from? Huntsville, AL
    What struggles do you have? Trying to stay in my sugar allotment (29 g.) each day.
    What goals do you have? My goal is to get to 198 lbs. I started at 280 lbs.
    Do you have a fitness program? I only walk each day. I quit smoking in April and gained 10 lbs. I got fed up with myself and started a diet watching calories and everything else.
    What parts of your body give you problems? stomach
    What symptoms do you have associated with your weight? HBP, High Cholesterol, pre-diabetic
    Do you have a support system? None yet. Hoping this may help.
    What is your food weakness? Dessert
    What do you struggle with emotionally around eating? Nothing
    What are your danger foods? Sweets

I am on 2 BP meds and 2 cholesterol meds. My numbers were horrible when I went to the Dr. in April. I hope that by the time I go back in Oct, my numbers will allow me to get off the cholesterol meds and at least 1 of the BP meds. Please add me as a friend. I only have a 21 year old co-worker that I am friends with on here. I am like a dad to her.
  • theresajkeen
    theresajkeen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Theresa who turned 45 in April. I'm from the beautiful bluegrass state of KY. I struggle with my weight constantly. I've lost 21 pounds since December but am having trouble keeping it off. I love to run but become unmotivated quickly. I've gotten to where I skip a couple of weeks get back into running for a couple of days and then slack off once again. I joined myfitnesspal to keep up with my calories and have connected to Runkeeping to keep up with my daily activity as well. I have no support system and hoping this site will help with that as well.