I did it!!! I drove passed KFC and cooked my own dinner!!!

Options

Replies

• Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I don't know you but I'm so proud of you!
  • albatrosssherpa
    albatrosssherpa Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I can totally identify with this. Way to go, and that feeling you get from that is very empowering. You'll see that it won't be long before fast food is not even an option for you, because once you eat it after a healthy hiatus, it makes you feel like crap. (don't get me wrong KFC is sounding mighty tasty at the moment) :smile:
  • Ribbon35
    Ribbon35 Posts: 12
    Options
    Congrats!!! You can do this! Keep you head up and continue on!
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I've had KFC only once in my life! its all about Popeye's!!
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Best NSV of the week!
  • witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great job. I work about a tenth of a mile from a KFC and when worse comes to worse, I eat from there. I usually have the grilled chicken breast and two orders of green beans. It's not the greatest, but I've eaten a lot worse.

Self control is a huge accomplishment. It's necessary to be able to hit your goals. Keep up the good work!
  • sr72090
    sr72090 Posts: 14
    Options
    Way to go! It's the little things that add up into the big results :)
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am soooo happy for you!!! It is hard sometimes to stick to our guns, especially when we are hungry and have hungry kids and or SO in our lives. Way to GO!!!!! It is just the beginning and you are staying strong!!! Keep it going!!!
  • pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!

It's so hard to drive by all those fast food places on the way home from work. If I'm having a hard time I call my husband and talk to him until I make it by.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I am so proud of you. I know how hard that must have been and how great it felt when you made a healthier choice for yourself and your family. Keep up the GREAT work :)

Already within 3 days of not eating fast foods I have a bit more energy!!! Thank you b/c it does feel so good!!

If you can avoid it long enough, not only will it get easier, but just the scent of that junk will probably make you sick. Baked pork chops sound delicious (just don't tell my rabbi! ;) )
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! You can do this!!! :drinker:
  • Cassandra71
    Cassandra71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! The small steps equal big rewards. :smile:
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    High five!!! :drinker:
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat fast food, especially now. But my son was eating chicken nuggets from McD.... and I ate like 3. And ended up puking. My stomach totally rejected them. So since then, I steer clear of fast/greasy foods. It will get easier. The same for soda, one drink, makes my tummy hurt.
  • marianapril
    marianapril Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Haha! Relate much here :) Definitely hard to resist KFC with an empty stomach but it's a matter of control. Congratulations!
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I completly understand how hard that can be. HUGE Congrats to you!!!!
  • ezziepug
    ezziepug Posts: 57
    Options
    You should be proud, that's awesome! I know just what you mean about the end of the day urges. Yesterday I felt the same, but I walked past the place I always get takeout and went home. Those victories count!
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I know that is hard. Food is a tough addiction cuz we need it to live. We have to balance it into our lives safely. Good for u. U mustfeel empowered and motivated to continue kicking fast food to the curb. U may consider treating urself once a week in order to prevent feelings of deprivation though. I personally prefer dangelo grilled chix and veggie pita pocket to kfc. It tastes better and feels better. After a while of no fast food ur body may just not crave it anymore, because it doesnt provide many nutrients. Anyways... Im reall happy for u.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Great job staying focused, this is just the beginning for you! :flowerforyou:
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, you should be very proud of yourself! It'll get easier the more you do it! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!