Stupid Stupid Question...but I must ask

Options

Replies

• fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I used to log mine just to keep track of taking them. In the beginning I kept forgetting to take them so I was tracking them as soon as I took them. Now I'm in the habit of taking them so don't need to put them in my diary.
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Tracking can help you remember to take them. I was tracking for a while, but the calories didn't make a huge difference, not to mention I'm not even sure the caloric content for some of my prescriptions.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Not stupid.

And no, I don't log vitamins just like I don't log tic tacs.

Too few calories to worry about.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    One of these days, you might want to go back through your diary and see, for example, your iron or calcium intake. If you do not track your vitamins at all, the information will be inaccurate. Then again, I've seen way too many entries for things like beef sirloin that had accurate macros but no micronutrient values at all... still, logging vitamins and sups might not be something you need to you now, but it could come in useful later.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Some have calories, some don't. I log my vitamin D and creatine but it doesn't have calories. I log my BCAA's which have 7g amino acids (protein) but some days I have as many as 4 scoops which is >100 calories.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I track all the suppliments I take simply to record what I Have taken and to account for the small amount of calories they can have.. I have a habit of forgetting if I have taken something so tracking them helps. Some supplements have calories... my flaxseed oil pills have 15 cals each in them.
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    As long as you are not drinking a protein shake for your vitamins, then I wouldnt even bother. Doing something THAT tedious will end up driving you crazy.
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I track them but I don't really care about how many calories they are. I mostly track them to see if I'm getting my recommended values of vitamins.

Hmm, maybe I should rethink what I posted. This is smart :)
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I track mine for the purpose of having the record in case I get sick. I also have dealt with iron-deficiency anemia so I like to track my micro nutrients as well as macro nutrients.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I've seen others track theirs, but I don't track mine because I KNOW me, and I know that if I'm consistently 20 calories over in a day then I'm going to kick myself and restrict tomorrow, so for my own peace of mind I don't track my daily fish oil, calcium, multivitamin supplements. Those things aren't going away anytime soon, my body just has to deal with it.

I could not agree more!!
  • twinsmom03
    twinsmom03 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I do!!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    It's not the calories in them I'm so concerned about, but I track mine for the other nutritional data MFP proviides.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, I haven't even thought to do that. I take fish oil supplement and Vitamin D supplement. I'll have to look at the calorie count on them...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Mine don't have calories listed, so I don't count them.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I track them but I don't really care about how many calories they are. I mostly track them to see if I'm getting my recommended values of vitamins.

I do the same thing. I didn't assign a calorie value to them, but I want to make sure I remember to take my vitamins and my medications.
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Very helpful tips everyone.

Thank you to each and every one of you :)
  • tmkeene1
    Options
    I put my multi-vitamin and other suplements in because I also keep track of vitamins and minerals and stuff. I used to say there is no such thing as a stupid question, but that's before I had kids. Your question, however, was not stupid =P
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin and do not log it...actually I never even thought of it having calories! Now I'm gonn have to go look;) I do take a sugar-free calcium chew that is 15 calories. I do log that.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I usually just make a note in the notes section that I have taken my vitamins. I've never actually logged them though.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Some supplements have calories like fish oil and some, like my multivitamin, dont. If i took pills with calories then yes, I would count those suckers