Whey protein for girls

Options
Thinking about mixing some whey in my porridge before the gym and have a bit after my sessions. Goal is to look slim and lean (not muscely).
I'm eating quite clean (fish, chicken, brown rice) most of the time, but also have treats sometimes.

So anybody knows what whey does to girls? Will it be too much if I add it to my normal diet or shall I substitute?
Can anybody recommend a brand that has no added calories and fat?

Replies

• scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Whey protein is just protein. It's a food. Nothing about it is going to make you bulky. Heck the only way you're getting big as a woman is to supplement your testosterone levels. If you feel you're lacking in the protein department sneak a shake in here or there.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Whey makes girls have unibrows.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    That's like asking about carbs for grls. Carbs are just carbs.

Whey protein is just protein. It doesn't "do" anything to anyone except help you meet your macronutrient needs.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options

Bulky unibrowssssssssss
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

Whey protein is just protein. It doesn't "do" anything to anyone except help you meet your macronutrient needs.
    QTF....and you're hot, 5/3/1
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

QFT
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    So anybody knows what whey does to girls? Will it be too much if I add it to my normal diet or shall I substitute?
    Can anybody recommend a brand that has no added calories and fat?

It gives us more protein for the day, just like it does for men. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Too much" depends on your protein goals. If you are already getting adequate protein from other sources, there's no reason to use whey. If you don't, then go ahead.

No added CALORIES? You mean like, just the protein with nothing else in it? I prefer Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard because it comes in lots of different flavors, tastes great, and is a high quality protein unlike 99.99% of the crap you can buy at Wal-Mart.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options

Thanks! It's all the proteinz.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Whey protein is just protein. It's a food. Nothing about it is going to make you bulky. Heck the only way you're getting big as a woman is to supplement your testosterone levels. If you feel you're lacking in the protein department sneak a shake in here or there.
    this

and this
  • pbrahan
    pbrahan Posts: 107 Member
    Options

NO WHEY!!

I add a scoop of whey powder (EAS brand) in my EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control "frappuccino" (blend with coffee and ice) to get extra calories and extra protein. And extra yummyness.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

wheymen
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It dissolves boobs and causes penile growth
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Basically it's all already been said. Whey protein is just the protein from milk isolated and processed into powder. If you can't get enough protein by eating solid foods, then whey powder is a good option, but if you're eating at a deficit, it would be recommended to try to get protein from whole foods because it will keep you more satisfied compared to the powder
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    ZOMG, be sure to get the girl proteinz and not the boy proteinz, or you will grow hair on your chest!!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Whey protein will do to girls, what it does for men...gives them extra protein.

It seriously does nothing else apart from add extra protein to your diet. We all know that protein helps to build and maintain muscle, which is useful when you are lifting. Protein alone is not going to give you more muscle, or make you look bulky/muscular, it's just a tool if you're already striving for that goal.
  • dressagester
    dressagester Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It dissolves boobs and causes penile growth

It gave me massive balls!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

Also QFT...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Is it a pink package?
  • nads1012
    nads1012 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hahaha thanks guys. I'll do a bit more googleing ;)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    zero calorie protein? :huh: