How much fruit do you eat?

Options
Not trying to start another fruit/sugar debate; I don't really care about my sugar as long as my other macros are in check.

Just curious everyone! How many pieces of fruit will you eat on the average day? I tend to eat a lot of fruit. Sometimes I will eat 3 nectarines in a day and have a cup of grapes at night for a bed time snack.

Replies

• Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    about 3-4 pieces of bigger fruits a week. Double that for smaller fruits if I get them.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Usually will have two pieces of fruit a day, and it's almost always 2 of these 3: banana, apple, orange
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have 1/2 c of blueberries, 4-6 strawberries, 2 bananas and then another fruit (right now it's either a small apple, peach or raspberries), in my daily green smoothie.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'll normally have 1/2 cup of blueberries, at least one banana and one apple and, frequently, fresh fruit after dinner.....so anywhere from 3 to 5 servings a day (sometimes more)
  • jeanrenaud21
    Options
    I have 2 or 3 servings of fruit a day. Berries in the morning. Apple, pear or peach at lunch time and another at dinner or bedtime ( depnding on my persoanl sugar levels from dinner).
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I tend to feel at my best if I eat 7 servings of fruit/veg per day. Typically, that means 5 fruit, 2 veg. On a typical day, it's more likely to be 2-3 fruit, 1-2 veg.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I cannot keep enough fruit in the house, my whole family eats a ton of produce. Especially in the summer when you can get things super cheap and fresh. Things like berries and plums are big hits when they're in season. Bananas, apples and oranges are daily staples in my family.
  • remimarie
    Options
    I switch between, bananas, grapes, canteloupes, strawberries and blueberries. So on an average day, I have 1/2-1 cup of blueberries or grapes or cut canteloupes. I usually have half a banana and/or 5 large strawberries. I try to have 2 servings of any of these throughout the day.
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I always have a fruit snack with my breakfast. It's usually apple-berry, and always the unsweetened kind.
    I daily have an apple mid-morning (with almonds or peanut butter), sometimes a fruit salad as dessert with lunch and I get 2 portions of berries with my late afternoon smoothie.

So altogether, I'd say I get 4-6 portions of fruit a day.

I get 4-5 portions of veggies during a normal day, too.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    1-2 a day.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I Adore fruit. Especially this time of year when it's all in season. I just can't resist. I don't care about the natural sugar. I guess maybe I have 3 per day?
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    The more the better, I'd say! Takes my baked goods cravings away...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    0-2 servings per day usually.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Right now 2-3 servings a day - usually in the form of apples and nectarines or peaches or some freeze dried apples. In the fall and winter I usually go down to once a day when most stuff is not in season.
  • kgeiger141
    kgeiger141 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I try to get 2-4 servings of fruit in a day. Usually it's not too difficult by the time I have breakfast and my first morning snack (saying it like that makes me feel like a Hobbit).

The hard part for me is gettin 2-4 servings of veggies in daily. Fruit is a lot easier for me to eat and obtain than veggies.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    0-1 servings per day.
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Oh god, I could eat a load of fruit. I think it was the other day i had two cups of diced watermelon, an apple, a plum, two cups of grapes, and a few pineapple slices.
    Then again I don't eat fruit as a snack I eat it as an entire meal, either breakfast or lunch.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    usually around 2. but then sometimes i will have these crazy fruit days when i eat a whole bunch.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Not trying to start another fruit/sugar debate; I don't really care about my sugar as long as my other macros are in check.

Just curious everyone! How many pieces of fruit will you eat on the average day? I tend to eat a lot of fruit. Sometimes I will eat 3 nectarines in a day and have a cup of grapes at night for a bed time snack.

I eat, on average, four fruit per day.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    In the summer when fruit is in season, I can eat it every meal and for snacks. In the winter, I usually only have one or two a day.