5'9" and down nearly 50 lbs since January 2013

Options
ladybosie
ladybosie Posts: 41 Member
I started at about 220 lbs, give or take, and as long as I can remember I've been pretty heavy. Back in 6th grade, I was even wearing a size 12 women's pant, and I was shorter then. My point is, I couldn't remember not being overweight. At my lowest in the past, I could barely remember being under 200, and after feeling crappy about myself for that long, it took me until my freshman year of college to do something about it. The first step I took? Enrolling in the Physical Fitness 101 course as my Health and Wellness requirement.

The first thing we did in that course, naturally, was make an account on MFP. At first, my goal was 170 lbs (a goal which I am very nearly at), the minimum weight I could calculate that would put me below 'overweight' and into a normal range. Through all the courses I got to experience, everything from Zumba to Tai Chi to CrossFit, as well as a diet I kept much better track of (I've even quit drinking most liquids but water), 30 lbs came off easily between January and the end of April, and now here I am approaching my 19th birthday nearly 50 lbs lighter and with higher goals.

Now revised, I aim to get to 155 lbs, if I feel comfortable there, but more than that I want to tone and get more into the strength training and cardiorespiratory endurance I so loathed building up in the past. I want to eat healthier foods, not just drop pounds, and I'd love to pass on healthier habits to my dad, but it's a bit late for his stubbornness. Still, I can and will and have changed myself, and that is enough for me.

Then (2011-12 photos), 220 lbs, size 18:
34qvb0w.png

Now (Summer 2013 photos), 173 lbs, size 12:
2elf139.png
(NSV: first bikini top too)

Replies

• Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Awesome work girl, you look fab!! Well done, be proud of what you achieved!!
  • jenbear1980
    Options
    That's amazing well done! How often did you exercise and did you eat back your exercise calories?
    Your original goal weight is where I want to be (I am 213lbs at the minute) and this is very motivating to me!
  • gpiercebutler
    gpiercebutler Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You are so inspiring
  • ladybosie
    Options
    That's amazing well done! How often did you exercise and did you eat back your exercise calories?
    Your original goal weight is where I want to be (I am 213lbs at the minute) and this is very motivating to me!
    During the winter semester, I exercised at least two days out of the week, and usually for a fairly long time since I had a decent amount of free time, aside from my set hour for class, to hang out in the rec building. I'd go to the cardio room, walk around the track, or go to the weight room. If I exercised any more than that during the week, I'd just walk. More recently, I've adopted some home strength exercises that I do nearly every day, and I've picked up jogging (currently building up stamina).

To summarize that pretty well, I either do two or three days (like in winter semester) where I burn a significant amount of calories, or like right now I burn a steady amount of calories throughout the week most days. When it comes to my calories, I generally only eat them back if I'm particularly hungry or am treating myself, but most of the time I find it's not a problem and stay within my usual calories (note: this doesn't work for everyone, because some people need to eat back some calories so they don't pass out or get lightheaded, etc).

It's always good to try and figure out how your own body processes fuel and exercise :)
  • jenbear1980
    Options
    That sounds great - thanks! Well done agian you must be so proud of yourself :)
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look fantastic. I hope I can achieve a loss like that in the time frame you did, I'd be we'll happy with that.

Thanks for sharing.
  • ladybosie
    Options
    Thanks for your support everyone, and good luck with your own road to health!
  • mustang6411
    mustang6411 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • ladypitek
    ladypitek Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS! You said you're lowering your goal weight but I don't even see where you have any more weight to lose!! Good job :)
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You look great! Your confidence must be out of this world, or at least on its way! You earned it!
  • skinnybjasse
    skinnybjasse Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!!! Thank you for sharing!
  • NadirToZenith
    NadirToZenith Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • ashandloggiesmom
    ashandloggiesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You did this is 7 months!?! Amazing!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

I'd love to pass on healthier habits to my dad, but it's a bit late for his stubbornness. Still, I can and will and have changed myself, and that is enough for me.

You have achieved so much in so little time.
    It may not be too late for your stubborn dad, as he sees what you have done you may just motivate him.

I am 58 years old and loving the new journey and lifestyle of getting fit so I can enjoy retirement when it arrives. JUST so wished I had done this journey years ago!
  • franmeyer
    Options
    Great Job! So happy for you :smile:
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Congratulations!!
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Lookin' gooooood gurl :)
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Looking good.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    you look great! awesome job!
  • MMoriarty2013
    Options
    Great job, congratulations on your hard work and results! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!