Juicing is working for me!

Options
Hi! I've been juicing for almost a month now. I try to juice at least 3 times a day. When ever I have date night or just feel like eating something special I make sure I juice 2 times then enjoy my special meal later. I try to juice most veggies and not so much fruit. I juice spinach, kale, cucumber, celery, carrots, mint, parsley, pineapple, strawberries, oranges, apples, pears, lemon and lime. No I do not juice all of these at once but most. I basically juice whatever I have in my fridge. I am never hungry after juicing and my sweet tooth is satisfied as well.

I make sure I exercise everyday. I workout for 1 1/2 hrs. Normally I run/walk and alternate days I walk uphill. Walking uphill is very tough for me but I fight it out.

I weigh myself every Wednesday (weigh in Wednesday) I lose between 3-5lbs. Watching the scale go down is y motivation. I look forward to Wednesday's and I'm not giving up juicing until I get under 200lbs. I'm 253 now I'm sure next Wednesday I'll be in the 240's.

I happy about juicing, you should try it

Replies

• livehealthier1
    livehealthier1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi I juice also, preferably in the morning and sometimes in the evening.
    I find that it feels me up and it taste great. I always add chia seeds and vanilla extract...when I want a taste of chocolate I add raw cocoa powder. I also workout everyday 60 minutes 30 weight training and 30 cardio.
    I have lost an average of 8lbs per month been on this journey since last Nov. Hope to reach my goal at my 1 year mark.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I usually juice in the morning and sometimes before body pump or spin at night. Use half vegetables half berries.
    I use cucumbers, celery, green beans and whatever pepper is in the house.. with mixed berries. I add grape or orange juice.
  • Epiclobster
    Epiclobster Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We just ordered a juicer and are looking forward to giving it a go...we're not huge vegetable eaters so we're lookin forward to getting in our daily intake in fun and inventful ways! Do you use juice as a meal replacement (juice fasting) or as a supplement to your meals? Could you give me an idea of some of your "recipes" that you've tried and enjoy?!
  • Khushi22
    Khushi22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been juicing for past 10 days now. I drink the "mean green" from the movie - Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead.
    I don't juice fast though because of my travel & work schedule. But I get in at least a bottle or two of the mean green which consists of the following -
    1 cucumber
    4 celery stalks
    2 apples
    6-8 leaves kale
    1/2 lemon - i put orange
    1 tbsp ginger
  • Epiclobster
    Options
    Thanks Khushi22...that's EXACTLY what I was looking for (have heard Kale is the super veggie!!)! So...is that a HUGE "bottle"...is it something my husband and I could share in the morning? I'm really hoping that I'll start noticing a difference in my skin and hair after jucing and taking advantage of all the nutrition vegetables like kale and beets have (that I woudl NEVER eat on their own!).

Keep the recipes coming please!!
  • sarahjuneblanke
    sarahjuneblanke Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Im on day 8 of juice fasting! i was 147 pounds and now im 142! I love it and I feel so healthy! im reaching out to people here because i need a support group of friends who are doing this too, anyone wanna be friends and do this together??
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I juice too, its been 4 days now, I collect recipes from Facebook page Green smoothie. Usually drink

Spinach (Kale is scarce in South Africa)
    Cucumber
    Lemon
    mint
    green apple
    avocado
    coconut milk (sometimes)
    blueberries
    banana etc...

I don't mix all, I mix what I have in the fridge. I feel lighter and energetic, lost centimeters not weight but its fine will hang in there.
  • Khushi22
    Options
    @sarahjuneblanke wow... 5 lbs in 8 days!! Keep it up!!!!

When I start juicing 10 days back I want to just juice fast, but I couldn't... so just lost 4 lbs so far!!

If you don't mind, I'll add you as friend. We can be juicing-buddies :)
  • Khushi22
    Options
    @Epiclobster The amount I gave you... will juice close to 28-32 oz. My bottle is 20 oz... remaining my husband drinks it in a glass.

you will find more recipes @ http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/category/blog/recipes/juice/

One of my favorite is one with carrot, beet, spinach, apple & ginger!!! Yummm...

Keep Calm & Juice ON !! :)
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Gosh, where are all the haters today? Usually you have a whole host of MFPers telling you how juicing is akin to a fad diet and pure evil! I once did a juice fast for 19 days and felt fantastic on it. Man, food tasted absolutely wonderful afterwards!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been juicing for almost a month now. I try to juice at least 3 times a day. When ever I have date night or just feel like eating something special I make sure I juice 2 times then enjoy my special meal later.
    I happy about juicing, you should try it

steroids.jpg
    :laugh:
  • jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    Options
    Gosh, where are all the haters today? Usually you have a whole host of MFPers telling you how juicing is akin to a fad diet and pure evil! I once did a juice fast for 19 days and felt fantastic on it. Man, food tasted absolutely wonderful afterwards!

Probably because she makes it seems like she eats food along with the juice. That's the impression I got anyway. Juicing is a great addition to a healthy diet.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

Probably because she makes it seems like she eats food along with the juice. That's the impression I got anyway. Juicing is a great addition to a healthy diet.

Because nothing is as frustrating as talking to somebody who has no intention of listening.....People are grown up - they can all learn the hard way if they so choose....
  • House60609
    Options
    I used to be a juicing fanatic about nine years ago because my mom was diagnosed with Leukemia and so we started our juice journey. I just started back about two weeks ago after buying the Super Ninja. I have a dozen of smoothie and juice recipe book but most times I juice whatever I have in the fridge. Juicing is healthy and a great way to nourish your body. I currently juice just once a day but am moving up to twice a day next week.

:smile:
  • Epiclobster
    Options
    My husband and I want to juice to supplement our daily meals...I love food too much to just drink juice!!! I'm maintaining my weight now so i don't need to lose anymore - just want to feel better from the inside out! As I had said, we don't eat enough fruits and veggies and figured this was a great way to get all the vitamins and nutrients we need. Besides...who's going to eat a salad of kale?!!

Thanks for the recipes!
  • comingsize12
    comingsize12 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I juice all day and rarely eat meat. I may have fish or chicken breast once every week or two weeks. I really want to come down some lbs so I stick strictly to juicing. My favorite recipe is
    5 strawberries
    2 apples or 1 apple and 1 pear
    1/2 cup of pineapples
    1/2 cucumber
    10 baby carrots
    2 celery stalks
    1/4 orange, lemon and lime
    2 cups of spinach or kale. I like spinach better
    If I have a sweet tooth I juice only the fruit and BOY it's sooooo good
  • comingsize12
    Options
    Khushi22. You are making a great juice. Very healthy I'm sure you will see the lbs drop off. Good luck
  • comingsize12
    Options
    Sarahjuneblan

We can be fitness buddies. I'm starting to enjoy working out and juicing. I'm having myself a ball
  • snowmanluv
    snowmanluv Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have juicer. Love it for detoxing, overall, meal substitution. I get on kicks especially after watcher Fat, Sick, and Nearly dead. I love to juice! When I am sick I bring it out for all the natural vitamins in there. It's good.
  • terryrh
    terryrh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Over the years i've tried lots of things and other than a somewhat slow and natural loss a few years ago when i was playing Badminton weekly with friends (who proceeded to get bored playing and quit) the most success i've had losing weight is with juicing.

Im currently on day 13 of my first 30 day juice, i've done 7 and 10 day stints but never this long - i've lost roughly 17lb and am hoping to lose another 10 before im done.

You'll probably have alot of people tell you its unhealthy or that you'll just put it all back on, i tell those people that i never feel better than when im juicing, i need less sleep, my skin looks better and because i juice with alot of carrots it actually helps my eyesight (When i've been juicing a week or more i stop needing my glasses to read)

As far as putting the weight back on, you've gotta be careful with what/how you eat when you come off the juicing - i let myself off the juice "diet" just before Christmas 2012 and unfortunately stayed off it until July this year :S

If any fellow juicers want to friend me feel free, i dont claim to be an expert but i've experimented alot with different recipes based on reading about the health benefits of fruits and veggies online be glad to talk to other people doing the same sort of thing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!