what is your daily target for calories?

Options
Hi. I'm a 42 y/o female, 5'7", 204lbs. I'm a grad student and spend much of my time in class or studying. I've been tracking with this app for six weeks now and am beginning to wonder if I'm eating the correct number of calories. I simply targeted 1200/day as that's what myfitness pal offered me based on my profile. Sadly I've neither seen nor felt any weight shift or loss un six weeks :(

my metabolism is notoriously inefficient as I tend to avoid food during stress. I'm also a lymphoma survivor, 9 years remission, and wonder if this has an impact. At 42, perhaps I'm facing a life change but the Dr. says my hormones are fine.

I eat very well...whole foods, organic, plant-based or lean proteins; I do eat healthy oils and avoid processed foods, refined sugars, and alcohol; I limit dairy as well as red meats.

Incorporating supplements, like Vega and Raw Meal shakes, i was able to meet nutritional needs at 1200 calories but again no weight loss at all.

Advice? I'm thinking of increasing calories but am not sure by how much. Info I've found range my base calories from 1682-2250. I was thinking i might bump up to 1450....just as a shot in the dark.

(oh, for what it's worth I'm also taking Garcinia Cambogia and Tonalin CLA.)

Replies

• hml_rachel
    Options
    yes you should increase it. be sure to not drastically increase your calories as that could make you gain weight. I would say increase only by a 100 every week.