Dubstep.

Replies

• PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Um, hey guys. It's just music. We all have an opinion on it, and that's cool. There's no need to pick at others for how they choose to express their feelings on it though. Not very adult like, if you ask me.

Can't we all just get along? :flowerforyou:
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    I haven't been impressed by the few dubstep tracks I have seen recommended elsewhere.

Plugging Dubstep into Pandora now. Will I regret this?
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    tumblr_momme2GrdW1qdx7lto1_500.gif
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    helps me fall to sleep at night
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    I dig it but I'm more of a Trance and Deep House fiend myself.

I'd rather listen to Drum and Bass over dubstep but its aight.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about. Jazz is neither random nor chaotic. You have clearly never heard any jazz. Go back to your safe music that doesn't hurt your brain, and stop bothering the adults.

Awe, I'm sorry you're sensitive about your jazz. Like an adult, I can accept that people have differing opinions about music without getting my panties in a bunch.
  • I'm hooked!! Love the dub and love the dub remixes of popular songs. I can't explain why I just do. I get excited when a commericial has dub in it. Yes, it is just noise at times but I think it's here to stay.
  • PepperWorm
    I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about. Jazz is neither random nor chaotic. You have clearly never heard any jazz. Go back to your safe music that doesn't hurt your brain, and stop bothering the adults.

Awe, I'm sorry you're sensitive about your jazz. Like an adult, I can accept that people have differing opinions about music without getting my panties in a bunch.

Ahaha! I like you.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,035 Member
    Some sound like random noises though some songs are good. I don't know any particulars though, mostly here to try to remember to check out the bands listed :)

and lol, didn't see who that other post was by, but awesome response, sillygoosie.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    omg I love thievery corporation...they got me through university
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    When you guys throw out the names of your favorites, can you add the songs too? just so I can get them faster ;) thanx!!
  • PepperWorm
    So far on my Knife Party Pandora station:

Nero
    Deadmau5
    The Glitch Mob
    Daft Punk
    Skrillex
    Modestep
    Flux Pavilion
    Pendulum
    Porter Robinson
    Feed Me
    Hardwell
    Kill The Noise
    Zomboy
    Schoolboy
    Swedish House Mafia
    Rusko
    Datsik
    Excision
    Bassnector
    Ephixa
    Netsky
    Blackmill
    Doctor P
    Krewella
    Zedd
    Flight Facilities
    Tut Tut Child
    Pretty Lights
    Benny Banassi

Yes, I know it's all over the place. Still happyfuntimes music. :smile:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member

Nero
    Deadmau5
    The Glitch Mob
    Daft Punk
    Skrillex
    Modestep
    Flux Pavilion
    Pendulum
    Porter Robinson
    Feed Me
    Hardwell
    Kill The Noise
    Zomboy
    Schoolboy
    Swedish House Mafia
    Rusko
    Datsik
    Excision
    Bassnector
    Ephixa
    Netsky
    Blackmill
    Doctor P
    Krewella
    Zedd
    Flight Facilities
    Tut Tut Child
    Pretty Lights
    Benny Banassi

Deadmau5 is freaking AMAZING. I'm kinda sad to see Skirillex in there but if you dig it, who am I to judge?

I'd checkotu Armin Van Buren, Tiesto (I think Tiesto is too hyped up but he's still good), Benny Benassi, ATB (This is an awesome group), Medina (checkout "You & I - Dash Berlin remix), Moony (kinda oldie but goldie), Ohmna (Key of Life), Tritional, and last but not the least, OceanLab (Another amazing group)
  • PepperWorm

Nero
    Deadmau5
    The Glitch Mob
    Daft Punk
    Skrillex
    Modestep
    Flux Pavilion
    Pendulum
    Porter Robinson
    Feed Me
    Hardwell
    Kill The Noise
    Zomboy
    Schoolboy
    Swedish House Mafia
    Rusko
    Datsik
    Excision
    Bassnector
    Ephixa
    Netsky
    Blackmill
    Doctor P
    Krewella
    Zedd
    Flight Facilities
    Tut Tut Child
    Pretty Lights
    Benny Banassi

Deadmau5 is freaking AMAZING. I'm kinda sad to see Skirillex in there but if you dig it, who am I to judge?

I'd checkotu Armin Van Buren, Tiesto (I think Tiesto is too hyped up but he's still good), Benny Benassi, ATB (This is an awesome group), Medina (checkout "You & I - Dash Berlin remix), Moony (kinda oldie but goldie), Ohmna (Key of Life), Tritional, and last but not the least, OceanLab (Another amazing group)

Ohhh! How could I have forgotten Tiesto?! Thanks for the tips - adding now. :3

About Skrillex...not everything he does is gold, but yes, I like a few things here and there. If anything, his influence boosts the array of music my station plays!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Okay, my 1st thought was WTH is dubstep. Then I asked my husband sitting next to me. He says, "It's just a bunch of electronic noises." So then I type into Google "dubstep" the 1st thing that pops up is PUMPED UP KICKS|DUBSTEP, which is an awesome song, now ruined. Then the next link is an online radio station in which I can listen, so I listen and the song that plays is very annoying and I now have a headache. The song playing is called Bass Head by Bassnectar. It really is just sounds mixed together and someone saying bass head occasionally.

I would have probably just called this electronica music. Not feeling it all. Then again, I'm into rock music, whether its alt/punk, or metal/horror, its all good. Now closing the dubstep radio, because my headache is getting worse lol

P.S. to anyone who likes dubstep, listen away, I'm not hating on you. My younger brother (19) is a fan of Skrillex, and this type of music. It's just not for me, so you'll can keep it. lol
  • SmoothRiko
    SmoothRiko Posts: 193
    Why do people hate on Skrillex so much?!
  • Releven
    Releven Posts: 63 Member
    Borgore (Ice cream and decisions, worth a listen and a laugh)
    Avicii (almost anything)
    Baauer (even after mainstream destroys the harlem shake)
    Afrojack (one of my personal favorites, all his stuff is golden)
    Alesso (Clash - Original mix)
    Pryda (check out Allein)
    Cazzette (check out Beam me up, kill mode, radio edit)
    Sidney Samson (w/ G wise - Go)
    Laidback Luke (turbulence Ft lil jon)
    1up (thundergun - )Original mix)
    Armin Van Buuren (Reload)
    Steve Aoki (alot of good ones from him)

Check these artists/songs out. they will def be more of a house/mellow genre compared to dubstep but won't disappoint your ears one bit :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member

Dubstep, unlike the popular belief, can be more than just "WUB WUB WUB WOAN WOAN WUB WUB WUB". Skrillex doesn't think so.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Excellent taste taunto.

I'm meh on dubstep. Prefer something more melodic.
    Some of my faves:
    L'Esperanza - Airscape: http://youtu.be/cNnPj_O9HIk
    Dutch Force - Deadline: http://youtu.be/_fO6zJ0AXNM
    Chakra - Home: http://youtu.be/7G9wyxbOU-o
    Moonman - Don't be Afraid: http://youtu.be/AMcwHFODzcs
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member

I don't hate him, I actually like Cinema, Equinox, Sprites and Monsters...then all his other stuff starts to get repetetive.

I :heart: this thread tho. Love all of these peeps you guys listed. Just wanted to add Martin Solveig, The Cataracts, and Bassnectar.