Fellow ladies: Lets talk weight loss and boobs

Options
Ladies I need to hear from you!

I am 210 lbs 5'6
I have been trying to get motivation to continue on my weight loss journey but my boobs are holding me back.
I am a B cup and fear of losing what little I have.

I want to hear what your experiences have been during weight loss.

Thanks!

Replies

• SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'6 and went from a size B to a size A. On the upside, I went from a size 14 jean, to a loose size 4 (and I'm wearing size 2 shorts/size 0 skirts). It was worth the trade off :smile: Also, the 'girls' are much perkier now-totally can't tell that I nursed three kids for a year each!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I've had no loss whatsoever in that area so far. I assume that as I get smaller they will as well, but hopefully stay proportionate to the rest of my body.

How much you lose in cup size depends on whether your boobs are made up of more fat or more breast tissue. Either way, it's not a good reason to not lose weight. You should really just cross that bridge when you get to it. Boob loss might not happen at all, or you might be so happy with the rest of the changes that you don't care. A smaller waist will make whatever you've got look better.
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yup, lost a cup size (B to A), but still look good in a good quality push up - it's totally worth it.
  • akkeri
    akkeri Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I went from a D to a B in six months after losing 40 pounds through watching my intake and working out 6 days a week.
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'6 and went from a size B to a size A. On the upside, I went from a size 14 jean, to a loose size 4 (and I'm wearing size 2 shorts/size 0 skirts). It was worth the trade off :smile: Also, the 'girls' are much perkier now-totally can't tell that I nursed three kids for a year each!

Im size 16/18 jean right now. Do they still look proportionate to the rest of your body? I am so afraid because I also have very wide hips.
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Options
    I've had no loss whatsoever in that area so far. I assume that as I get smaller they will as well, but hopefully stay proportionate to the rest of my body.

How much you lose in cup size depends on whether your boobs are made up of more fat or more breast tissue. Either way, it's not a good reason to not lose weight. You should really just cross that bridge when you get to it. Boob loss might not happen at all, or you might be so happy with the rest of the changes that you don't care. A smaller waist will make whatever you've got look better.

To bad their is no good way to figure that out (that I know of).
    Thank you. I should not worry about it now and just see what my body does.
  • SidsMom80
    SidsMom80 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My mom lost 60 pounds and went from a C to a B. Everyone in my family is a pear shape. I'm more of an hourglass now bc of my weight. I'm a DD and I'm sure they will shrink some. I'd rather be healthy and flat on top then keep what I have and be unhealthy. They make some really impressive pushup bras
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost my boobs yet and I have lost 38lbs
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My girls have remained the same size I believe. They don't appear to be any smaller. They're also a 36 B, so I didn't have much to begin with.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I went from 252 lbs and a 40DD to 122 lbs and a 34 B. I lost A LOT from my chest area. But a lot of fat tissue was in my breasts. If your smaller chested already, you may not lose as much.
  • Melissa_mojo
    Melissa_mojo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    so far so good on the puppies 5'3 139 36c but the 36 portion on my bra is becoming loose so the girls better stay!
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm down 70 pounds and have gone from a K to an F cup. However, I've also gone from a 42 band to a 34, so even though there is less total mass to my breasts, they are still noticeable.

What a previous poster mentioned is correct - your shrinkage in that are will be determined by the ratio of fat to breast tissue that you have.
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've lost 32 pounds and am just now seeing a small decrease in boob size. Instead of spilling out of my D cup, it fits perfectly.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Gone! Don't care- wanted perky little boobs all my life. Now I got em'.
  • derter6
    derter6 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm the same hight and always lose weight on my boobs and up looking like I have huge hips but I agree with others I should be more happier being healthy and buy a push up bra :huh:
  • ProudMammaTo3
    Options
    I went from 130 lbs 36, 29, 35 full C. To 115lbs 32, 26, 32 B cup ;P
    I felt like I HAD nice boobs even with three kids before. Now I feel like I have no boobs. But for my 40th bday its DD's all the way for me
  • MozzarellaSheep
    MozzarellaSheep Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It could happen.
    I'm 5'6" and an A cup.
    The boobs are always the first thing I lose.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    odds are you will lose them especially since it sounds like you arent top heavy to being. you keep your same body type regardless if you lose or gain weight unless you do other things to shape how your body looks, but it wont change your body type.
  • MozzarellaSheep
    MozzarellaSheep Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    33 24 33 at 113lbs
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
    I want to lose weight to be healthy.
    My breast can do what they want.

I need to learn self love and not care about my chest size.

Thank you everyone! :]