Fellow ladies: Lets talk weight loss and boobs

Options

Replies

• nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    Hi!! I'm a 42 E. Okay, I know that's big. When I lose weight, I do lose on my boobs. But not very much. It makes them look more shapely. I wouldn't worry to be honest. You may lose a bit, but not much :)
  • missmidge84
    missmidge84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Your body might not change the same way mine did. I went from a 44C to a 36C. Don't let that be your reason to lose motivation.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Okay why am I the abnormal one. Started my wieght loss wearing a 46D. Down close to sixty pounds and currenlty wearing a 38DD. If it was a different style, I could excuse it as sizing difference, Wearing same brand, same style just smaller band and bigger cup. Sure was hoping to get back to a C cup. At least with the exercise they are sagging alittle less.
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to vent that I am a DD and I hate my boobs because no matter what bra is on my body, my boobs bounce so much when running! It's so embarrassing, to the point where if I see another person while running, I stop til they run by. I now try to run in the country :(

So love your tiny tits.

-Jealous of the B cups.
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    my weight has yo yoed my whole life. and I have had 5 kids. I have lost 36lbs (and do heavy lifting so my inches are what really matter at this point). I went from a size 15 to a 6/8 (depending on brand). My boobs went from a D to a B cup.. and the only reason they are a B is because of the skin.. they are horrible... but in the end it was worth it. I know that you apparently have to give your skin 2 years to reshape iteself (fingers crossed something will tighten in 2 years though realistically i know its unlikely)...
    I am giving myself 2 years and if i can maintain i may get some surgery ( i better start saving)
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I would rather be flat chested and healthy than unhealthy with boobs.

but then again, that's just me.
  • MrsVega919
    Options
    (ashleybreanna) Not sure if it would help, but I too am a DD, when I workout (running, crossfit, etc.) I always wear my regular bra under a long sports bra. I started doing this mostly because I could never find adequate sports bras, but find that it really helps with the bounce.

Also with you on B cup envy. :tongue:
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I started as a D and now i am a small C. But i dont care if i go to a B even....one of these days when i am where i want to be i am treating myself to new ones. Im more upset that they arent as perky as used to be but eh, my health is more important than my boob size.. I just compensate by having bigger muscles elsewhere lol
  • starshine831
    Options
    Went from a D cup to a B cup within a couple of months. Personally, I Like them even better because they aren't in the way anymore! Id rather be fit and healthy with a smaller chest than a large chest and be unhealthy. Its a trade off that's well worth it! Think of all those cute bikini tops you'll be able to wear! Get it Girl!!
  • flannery2012
    flannery2012 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i'm with ashleybreanna! (though it sounds like we are in the minority)
    one thing i am most looking forward to is being back in a B cup--running for one thing (YES they get in the way unless you have an industrial strength bra :) also gravity is not kind to older girls...
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to lie - I get excited when my boobs look/feel smaller because I know that's the first step to noticeable changes in my weight loss journey. That being said, although my breasts have gotten smaller in the last couple months, my chest/cleavage look better than before in a low-cut blouse because my pecs are more firm than they were => everything looks more pert/smooth/etc.

Additionally, it's no longer uncomfortable to go braless, so I consider that a HUGE win for my lazy pajama weekends...=P
  • madhamey
    madhamey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft7 and gone from a UK 36g/ff to a 36f, since I lost the weight I think they look and more shapely.

But, they have been 36f for at least the last stone.
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Well I've gone from DD to D so far, And I really think I could wear C, but still a little small yet.. Don't let that worry you, your healthy weight is more important then cup size...
  • marykate723
    marykate723 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I went from a D to a DD in the past year, which was clearly from weight gain. I actually bought a minimizer bra because they were driving me nuts. The last time I lost a significant amount of weight, I went from 240 to 195 and from a D to a C. I would love a B or a C. I currently have to wear two sports bras if I even want to THINK about running. Forget anything that involves jumping or leaping- they go right up to my chin. I would love to actually wear tank tops with shelf bras and have them work! I've considered them a nuisance since I was 11 years old.
  • missimplicity
    missimplicity Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So far, I've only gone down a couple of band sizes..cup has remained a DD. I've lost 34 lbs this year I think. I'm hoping it stays that way, but I'm also still nursing my son. I'm more afraid of what lack of milk will do. :sad:
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    when i went from 170(b cup) to 117 i had nothing in my right one just a nipple, the left was still full of milk so imagine how depressing that looked! :sad: Im not that skinny anymore but they kept on looking weird still so I payed for a Boob job :bigsmile: , so no more worrying about that!.. now its the butt I dont want to lose again...:happy:
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to vent that I am a DD and I hate my boobs because no matter what bra is on my body, my boobs bounce so much when running! It's so embarrassing, to the point where if I see another person while running, I stop til they run by. I now try to run in the country :(

So love your tiny tits.

-Jealous of the B cups.
    (ashleybreanna) Not sure if it would help, but I too am a DD, when I workout (running, crossfit, etc.) I always wear my regular bra under a long sports bra. I started doing this mostly because I could never find adequate sports bras, but find that it really helps with the bounce.

Also with you on B cup envy. :tongue:

I'm jealous of your big bouncy boobs.
    I guess we never love what we have.
    Try to love yourself as much as I am trying to love myself too!
    Good luck on your runs!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm a B cup no matter what I weigh. I always thought it was a really cruel joke from Mother Nature that my boobs didn't grow when I gained weight, but on the plus side, they don't shrink much when I lose.

And those B's look a lot bigger when the rest of me is smaller. :wink:
  • Shambree813
    Shambree813 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've had no loss whatsoever in that area so far. I assume that as I get smaller they will as well, but hopefully stay proportionate to the rest of my body.

How much you lose in cup size depends on whether your boobs are made up of more fat or more breast tissue. Either way, it's not a good reason to not lose weight. You should really just cross that bridge when you get to it. Boob loss might not happen at all, or you might be so happy with the rest of the changes that you don't care. A smaller waist will make whatever you've got look better.

^^^^^^excellent advice^^^^ I'll take smaller boobs and being healthier over a larger body any day! I have lost 50 pounds so far(20 before I started here) and while my band size has gotten smaller in my bra, my cups still runneth over, LOL!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Lost a bit over 40 pounds in total. Boobs are always the first thing to go in my case. Kept the band measurement, dropped a cup size. But they're more noticeable now in proportion to the rest of my body; they don't have all that belly fat and a collarbone ruff to merge with. "Blob, blob, boobs, blob" is now more like "Skinny, skinny, skinny, hello there, skinny, skinny."

They did sag a lot for a while -- I believe the correct phrase is "rocks in socks" -- but with flies, chest presses, overhead presses, push-ups, they've come back up a bit to where they belong. Hey, I'm in my 40s, I'm never gonna pass the pencil test again anyway. But they're good enough, and definitely better-looking than when I was carrying the extra weight.

Go for it, OP.