Passed 200 - not ok with it. Need new support group.

Options
tonicia
tonicia Posts: 145 Member
My name is Tonicia...
This is not my first run here.
Two years ago I was 180lbs (heaviest ever at the time) and got halfway to my ultimate goal weight.
I got down to 150.
Two years later after focusing on other things in life I have found myself at a very depressing weigh in of 203 the other day. I was so ashamed I couldn't even tell anyone. I even deleted the old friends I had on here. I know I need to start again. This is by far the highest weight I have ever been and I know it'll only continue to climb unless I do something about it. Looking for new supportive friends and possibly a gym buddy close to me. I live in Brea, California and have a 24 hour memebership. I am 5'2 and currently 203 looking to lose 83lbs.

Replies

• erica_bunny
    Options
    Hey there,

I can completely relate! I was also doing well for a while but had to stop to focus on other things. I'd be happy to be a part of your new support system!! :) I'm also 5'2" and am 180 (was 202 in Jan). Seems like we have some things in common!

Best of luck to you!
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I first lost weight from a high of 190. Made it to 150 as well, and stopped. I went all the way up to 213. (I'm sure it was higher than that, but that was what I have recorded) I'm now back down to 163.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! I am on daily and am always trying to support and motivated people every single day. Although I don't live in your area, I would be happy to be your fitness buddy from afar. :smile:
  • JarryIvette
    JarryIvette Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here! I'm 5'4 and need to lose 100lbs. I know exactly where you coming from. I've never been this heavy in my life. Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    you dumped all your friends because of your weight?

support is support...

that's not a very nice thing to do...

support is there to help you ESPECIALLY when you fall and need help getting back up again.
  • sbow790
    sbow790 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I'm a daily logger...I'm way away in Hawaii...But good support is always great! It's fun to cheer people on and always be there during the down days! :)
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    you dumped all your friends because of your weight?

support is support...

that's not a very nice thing to do...

support is there to help you ESPECIALLY when you fall and need help getting back up again.
    QFT
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    over 200 too....its a hard battle!!! My baby just turned 1, so no excuses for the baby weight anymore!! Once you hit the 199 it seems to be smooth sailing from there...but its hitting the 199 thats the hard part for me.
  • mcg6242
    mcg6242 Posts: 84
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am starting over again too, sorry I love in PA or I would totally be down for being your gym buddy. :happy:
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Im here every day!!! Love to motivate as well as be motivated - the community on here is so welcoming and helpful - and everyone knows how much of a battle weight loss can be.... feel free to add me, the more friends for support the better

ETA: Sadly I cant be a gym buddy - I live in Illinois... I can motivate from afar
  • Syene31
    Syene31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! I was my heaviest January 2013 at 239. I am down to 213 and pushing to get below 200 before the end of the year...well actually hoping to be closer to 190 by the end of the year! I am on daily, feel free to add me!
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I blame my friends when things don't go my way too!
  • Ravenous4Captain
    Ravenous4Captain Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I can relate. When I started MFP, my weight was 334. Now I weigh 309. I have a good friend that has stayed with me throughout the struggle of losing, but most of my other friends quit on me. It sucks not having support. Anyone can feel free to add me. :happy:
  • tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    To clarify: I in no way blame ANYone for my weight gain, but myself. Although I appreciate sarcasm..It doesn't really seem to be helpful in this situation. I was so ashamed that I had gained so much I deleted people out of embarassment. Afterwards - I realized it was not the choice in my best interest, but I can't go back and un-do it...Much like I can't just un-do the weight gain.

Fact of the matter is that the old friends are gone and the weight is here. In an effort to move forward and be honest - (embarassed or not), I re-did my profile and posted this to get the support I know I need.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I started at over 200 at a 4'11" frame... yikes!
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am in a similar situation. I got down to 140 between kids then another baby and life happened. I started over again on monday at 211.5. I am measuring and weighing everything. Feel free to add me. I do live near you (Lakewood) but I work out normally at home or my work's gym but would still support you.
  • brandyme
    brandyme Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I am 5'3 and originally started on MFP in 2009 at 228 pounds! So I was in a similar situation. I recently came back and am now 176. It's definitely possible if you stick with it.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Feel free to add me. We're in the same shoes.

I'm 5'0. I was here a couple years ago trying to get down from 180 (heaviest I'd ever been, even heavier then when I was 9 months preggo), and got down to 140. My goal was 130ish. Life happened, blah blah... here I am now, at 188lbs (it's very hard to admit that) and trying desperately to get it together (and keep it goether) and get this weight off again.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    You have big...goals. Best of luck to you!

This I hope you have all the support you need
  • kcooper14
    kcooper14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too was at 204 when I started this program, then I reached ultimate 208...I was like yikes...I have no friends on mine and have been thinking, I need friends on mine too!!!