i need help urinating!

Options
Most days I pass my sodium allowance per day which causes me to retain water for 3 or 4 days. During those days I urinate very little. I drink about 10 glasses of water per day and 4 glasses of green tea. I was told green tea would help with moving my bladder? Anyone else have any suggestions?

Replies

• AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Do you feel thirst or is it possible you confuse it with hunger?
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Consult your doctor.
  • Abram86
    Abram86 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I drink water just to get in the recommended daily amount even if I don't feel thirsty
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    If that is the case, then I second the encouragement to see your doctor.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    lemon is also a diuretic so you can try adding some to your water.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Do you feel thirst or is it possible you confuse it with hunger?

This is why you probably can't pee

Or should see a doctor
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    see a doctor
  • cowgirlupkelly
    Options
    Water is not retained in the bladder usualy (there are reasons for which it could but I won't go into them) it is within the organs of your body. If you are not urinating you could be in retention. See help from at minimum your primary care MD.

I exceed my sodium nearly everyday and have no problem with retention but everyone is different.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Water retention is in your muscles and body tissue. If you're having trouble with bloating and retention, perhaps you do need to revisit your salt intake. I'm always WAY low on my sodium (which means my blood pressure can actually be extra low occasionally...not exactly my recommendation). It is possible and, depending on your diet, not too difficult to keep your sodium a bit lower. If you need that taste, they make a product called "no-salt" which is a salt replacement. My grandmother uses it because she has a medical condition and she has to have a super low sodium diet.

The way I can avoid salt is by using my spice cabinet wisely. With great spicing, salt is rarely needed (in my opinion).
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Consult your doctor.

Yes, so much this ^^ If this is a serious post you need to see a doctor. What you describe is not normal.