Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

sugar, who knew? aaahhhh!

suziblues2000
suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I just can not believe how much SUGAR is in EVERYTHING!

I am always over in my sugar. Sugar is in practically everything.

I sure never knew this. Sugar is sneaky and evil.

What have you learned about food/nutrition since you've been on MFP?

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    I learned to read food lables before I put the food in my mouth, not afterwards and then have to ask my self. "Why did I eat that?"
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Hey:
    Sugar has NOTHING on Sodium....it's Everywhere!
  • Serowland
    Serowland Posts: 17 Member
    Also sugar has nothing on gluten! It's in everything and called about 200 different things! It takes me hours to grocery shop!
  • rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Hey:
    Sugar has NOTHING on Sodium....it's Everywhere!
    QFT
  • Too true!

Both sodium & salt are the evil pair that lurk in most foods on the shelves these days!

I learned to manage my calories a whole lot more effectively - in the beginning I would eat rubbishy food, because I could and still be under but end the day feeling rubbish, slumped & hungry..Much better now I've started taking the GI index of foods into account, I rarely slump and feel much more satisfied with the food I am eating :-) xx
  • rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Also sugar has nothing on gluten! It's in everything and called about 200 different things! It takes me hours to grocery shop!
    I feel for you, I have a cousin who is gluten AND dairy AND tree nut sensitive and I had to go shopping with him once and I realized how low-maintenance my little capsicum allergy is. Fortunately, as he's gotten older with help from shots, he's now able to have some nuts and a little bit of dairy, but still no gluten.
  • I noticed how much difference there is inbetween the low fat/sugar and normal versions of the same product. I used to think it was just a selling gimmick and there was only a slight difference, i used to go for the normal products cause they tasted a tiny bit better, now i normally go for the lighter versions.
  • I've learned to stop keeping track of sugar in MFP, because it doesn't distinguish between good sugars (like fruit) and bad sugars (like candy)! I was going way over each day by eating my daily 3 servings of fruit!!!
This discussion has been closed.