Passed 200 - not ok with it. Need new support group.

13»

Replies

• Sent you a friend request. The fact that you have come back with a desire of being healthy again is the greatest step you have made. It take tha first step to get thru the door of a healthy life. WELCOME BACK!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    I feel your pain. I had gotten down to 152 back in 2010. Then the weight crept back on up to 160s. Went to England last year and came back at 178. Christmas came and by you know it, it was July 1st 2013 and I weighed in at 188. Enough was enough. I was already doing cross-fit since May, but in July I went Paleo and have lost 10 pounds since.

I beat myself up almost everyday for allowing myself to gain more weight than I even started MFP with, because prior to losing the weight and being at 152, I started MFP at 163. Sucks!!!!!

Feel free to add me

Good luck
  • kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Feel free to add me or, if you're into challenges, check out the WMFPC group on the forums.

And don't hassle yourself too much, many of have relapsed. Chin up :smile:
  • mrsduke2924
    mrsduke2924 Posts: 104 Member
    I blame my friends when things don't go my way too!

When things don't go my way, I blame ^this guy...

^^ rolled on floor laughing - you rock :)
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    I have put on some weight too...my FL better be glad they are as perverted as they are or they would be gone...
  • mrsduke2924
    mrsduke2924 Posts: 104 Member
    Oh shoot, I just found this off your profile....

***Note: I'm not a very good friend on here. I rarely encourage others. Not that I don't want to...I just don't do it often. I'm sorry. ***

that might be a thing. ppl might refrain from giving u useful support if you arent' that supportive. think of it like a good bra. it's not something we might want to see everyday but it has to be there or things just get sloppy.

lol - you are so right!! :)
  • tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    You realize, you dumped your old friends because you were ashamed of your weight and then you made a post on a public forum with your exact weight in it. My knowledge of the public forums is ..anyone can see this therefore your friends you deleted will be able to see this, so really you just deleted a bunch of people for nothing.

Seriously support is support and you may be embarrassed but my experience tells me that your friends would have been there to help you get back on track - at least thats the way my friends list works.

I do realize that. I am aware how public forums work. As I've said in my past three posts - I wish I hadn't deleted them, but the fact of the matter is that...unfortuneately...I did. This is the reason I am back - posting my weight and being in honest on a public forum. To gain back a support group that I shouldn't have deleted in the first place. I'm really not sure what I can do to undo that deleteing. I regret it - that's about all I got at this point. As of this point I haven't found a "find all of your past friends on here" button. Lesson learned everyone. I understand that I shouldn't have deleted them. I'm not sure how many others ways I can say this.
  • Hey, I'm in the same boat with you. We are the same height and I need to lose major weight myself. I blame no one for my gaining my weight back but me, it's not my first rodeo here either. I'm sick of this weight and I know that because of my age it isn't going to be easy. Please add me so we can help and encourage each other.
  • FP4HCamille
    FP4HCamille Posts: 4 Member
    I understand what you are going through - I was so upset with myself about not staying on track that I deleted me entire profile...
    and now I am back 212lbs start weight (just like the weight in my old profile). I 'll support you..that's what this is all about - people with the same goal - healthy body and healthy weight! You can do this. I'm 52 and you don't look anywhere near that - I know folks say this about of lot of things but I wholeheartedly encourage you to "do it while you are still young".
  • mike_usmc
    mike_usmc Posts: 105 Member
    I feel your pain. Last July, I went from about 194 to 172. Bought new clothes, had me my own little celebration. Now I'm back to the big old starting weight of 211, but I'm 207 right now. It takes so long to get where you want to be and stay there its hard to stay motivated about it.
  • evviamarshall
    evviamarshall Posts: 80 Member
    I understand your disappointment, you can add me if you'd like.
  • Needachange84
    Needachange84 Posts: 310 Member
    Feel free to add me!! :)
  • tiffanyraylene
    tiffanyraylene Posts: 97 Member
    Hi there! :smile:
    I am also 5' 2" and after having my son and coping with his medical problems (5.5 months in the NICU) I found myself at my highest weight ever, 191 lb. I made the decision to get myself fit and healthy in mid-April of this year and have lost 21 pounds so far. 7 pounds away from being half way to my current goal weight of 135. When I get to that point I will reevaluate things and decide whether or not I want to set another, lower goal.

Feel free to add me if you like :)
    I'm on daily, eat around 1500 calories each day as per my TDEE and have an open food diary.
  • CraigIs4Me
    CraigIs4Me Posts: 2 Member
    I'm new here.. I totally understand why you did what you did. Sometimes the embarrassment keeps us from reaching out. If you felt you needed to move on and start over good for you...the important thing is you are starting over. I'm also doing that and its hard. I gained weight and I tend to hide because of it. I'm at 183.4 as of this morning, but I'm only 5' so I could look so much better. At one point I was way over 200..the truth is I don't know the real numbers because I just gave up and quit looking. For me depression was tied to the weight gain...I had to look at why and break the chain so I could start to heal. Now did something about the causes so now I have to do something about the damage I did to myself. Feel free to add me...unfortunately I can't be your gym buddy as I live in Phoenix. Either way I don't know you, but I'm proud of you wanting to fight the good fight once again.:flowerforyou:
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    You're back, that's what matters. I lost 40, gained back 15, stayed at the same weight for a year..and now finally losing again. You'll get there.:flowerforyou:
  • RunningActor
    RunningActor Posts: 31 Member
    Welcome back. You made the step of coming back to the tool that helped you do it the first time. You can do this!
  • I am right where you are..I have about 100lbs to lose! I'm fairly new to this, feel free to add me - I could use all the support I can get!!
  • Hey! we should totally add each other. I only have one friend on here and could really use some more support. I had a family event last week and just looked at the pictures........I have rolls.......I cried for a bit and then hopped on here. I am needing to lose about 50 lbs. I am pretty new here. Lets help each other out! :D
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    *Takes note not to add Tonicia*

For she will not be very supportive as it says on her profile and will delete me when she gains weight.