NSV dedicated to my sister!

Options
Although I'd tried to lose weight a few times before, my sister said that she saw this time it would be different because I looked more determined and focused about it. So she bought me a pair of jeans and a shirt a size smaller than mine on purpose. I told her she had just thrown her money away, she said that she was absolutely sure I would be wearing them in a few weeks. And she was right! I was dreading a bit trying them on, because I was afraid to be too disappointed and ending up giving up on my journey,you wouldn't believe how thrilled I was when I put them on and not only they fit, the jeans are a little loose on my thighs and hips! I need to buy a scale, so I can know the numbers for real, but this definitely proves I'm shedding the pounds. I know it's only one size down, but I couldn't be happier! Thank you, sis! :)

Replies

• ygglove
    ygglove Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great sister/motivator/friend! Congratulations on your success (: - I'm sure that you will stick with it!
  • raqmartins
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Although I'd tried to lose weight a few times before, my sister said that she saw this time it would be different because I looked more determined and focused about it. So she bought me a pair of jeans and a shirt a size smaller than mine on purpose. I told her she had just thrown her money away, she said that she was absolutely sure I would be wearing them in a few weeks. And she was right! I was dreading a bit trying them on, because I was afraid to be too disappointed and ending up giving up on my journey,you wouldn't believe how thrilled I was when I put them on and not only they fit, the jeans are a little loose on my thighs and hips! I need to buy a scale, so I can know the numbers for real, but this definitely proves I'm shedding the pounds. I know it's only one size down, but I couldn't be happier! Thank you, sis! :)

:flowerforyou: Delighted for you and am especially pleased to see how supportive of you your sister genuinely is.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Personally, using scale drives me crazy. Every little fluctuation gets my hopes up or drops them down. If you're wearing smaller clothing, clearly, you're getting somewhere! I like to wait until something is loose, or I am in a smaller size, then weigh,that way my scale victory is just as satisfying!

**Great job on your loss! Keep up the fantastic work!***
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Seems like sis knew something about you that you didn't--until now! Keep up the good work.
  • HardeesGal
    Options
    That's awesome. You have got to want it so bad you can taste it and than you will be able to really do it. They always say nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. And they are so right!
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    Such a supportive sister and congratulations.
  • daltem
    daltem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!:smooched:
  • DCruz83
    DCruz83 Posts: 99
    Options
    That is amazing, keep it up! I bought myself pants a size too small just before starting this and I'm happy to say I managed to fit in them too :)
  • alisonsurf
    alisonsurf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Forget the scale...just buy some more smaller pants til you get to the size you want!
  • raqmartins
    Options
    Thank you for all your kind messages! I definitely want to get the scale,because I'm very curious to know how much I've lost! I have soooo many clothes that don't fit me anymore, so I'm excited to start opening the closet where I put them!Who knows what might fit me next!
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you on your weight loss. And aren't sisters wonderful? I'm glad you have such a supportive one!
  • raqmartins
    Options
    Congratulations to you on your weight loss. And aren't sisters wonderful? I'm glad you have such a supportive one!

You have no idea! Cheers to wonderful sisters!
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Forget the scale. Invest in a measuring tape.
  • nkoconnell
    Options
    Yay! Of course you're losing... you're doing so well with exercise and logging.
  • raqmartins
    Options
    Yay! Of course you're losing... you're doing so well with exercise and logging.

Thank you! It definitely helps!
  • AnDiallo
    AnDiallo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Now that's genuine support right there!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!