Body Image

Options
I'm 5'4" and currently weigh about 114 lbs. I do my exercise ( rollerblading, jogging, or hiking). I used to weigh 130 lbs. by the time to get 114 lbs I developed a body image concern. I had to have the "flat belly". The concern of being thin. I've been told I should gain weight (by my mom). I've seen athletic women who look amazing and don't have the flat belly but have that fit "stocky" look. Is it only the celebrities who have the flat belly? Do even thin women have a slight roundness. I was thinking 120 or 130 even would be good, so I can enjoy my calorie expenditure and food.

Thank you

Replies

• jadisfeigns
    jadisfeigns Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mssteel90
    mssteel90 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and quite slim an I still have a bit of roundness, you can see it in my other pictures. A few years ago I had some serious body image issues but then I kind of got into feminism and if nothing else it really changes your perspective on how you view bodies (not just your own but other people's) anyway, I started my fitness quest out of sheer vanity and wanting abs (I should add even without a I am quite happy with myself but its really a look good feel better kind I thing, I won't beat myself up if I never have abs but it would be super nice). But I have progressed more to wanting to be strong. I don't think using celebrities as an example is exactly the best way to go about it I mean Jesus they hire people and work out like 8 hours a day and eat not enough food lol. It's not really something you should aspire to in my opinion (celebrity body that is). It's nice to have goals but how much stress would your body be under to attain celebrity body and is it really worth it?
  • mssteel90
    mssteel90 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    FYI in lbs I think I am about 120ish but I can't be sure, in 53 kg. oh the metric system :)
  • jadisfeigns
    jadisfeigns Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That helps and you're right. I want to be strong. i'd like to eat without the obsessing over how much i'm eating as long as I'm getting enough good food in me yet still being happy about myself. Thank you for your input, it's greatly appreciated!